Instructional Materials For Grade Two Pupils
Embed Size (px)
An aid for remedial classes.
Transcript of Instructional Materials For Grade Two Pupils
- qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyui opasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfgh jklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvb nmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwer tyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopas dfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzx cvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmq wertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuio pasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghj klzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbn mqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwerty uiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdf ghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxc vbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmrty uiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdf ghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxc Remedial Instructional Materials for Grade Two Pupils By: Doreen G. Ty
- 6 ACTIVITY 1 Recognizing Letters of the Alphabet Directions: Recognize each letter and it`s sounds. Repeat after your teacher. Aa Bb Cc Dd Ee Ff Gg Hh Ii Jj Kk Ll Mm Nn Oo Pp Qq Rr Ss Tt Uu Vv Ww Xx Yy Zz
- 7 ACTIVITY 2 Identifying the Initial Vowel Sounds Directions: These pictures begin with vowels. Say the name of each picture out loud. Write the beginning sound. Example: 1. ______ 6. ______ 2. ______ 7. ______ 3. ______ 8. ______ 4. ______ 9. _______ 5. _______ 10. _______ A
- 8 ACTIVITY 3 Identifying Initial Consonant Sounds Directions: These pictures begin with consonants. Say the name of each picture out loud. Circle the beginning consonant. Number 1 has been done for you. 1. p g 6. q b p 2.h m n 7. y k w 3. b g d 8. c m n 4. d p b 9 p k d 5. p f v 10. t p h b
- 9 ACTIVITY 4 Identifying the Medial Sounds Directions: Write the missing middle letter to complete each word. Number 1 has been done for you. Example: 1. p a n 6. c_p 2. b__b 7.c__t 3.p__t 8. f__n 4. p__n 9. p__n 5. b__d 10.h__t
- 10 ACTIVITY 5 Reading Words with Medial /a/ Sound (-at Family) A.Directions: Let us try to read the following words. Read after the teacher. -at Family sat rat mat hat pat fat bat cat
- 11 Reading Words with Medial /a/ Sound (-an Family) B. Directions: Let us try to read the following words. Read after the teacher. -an Family can n fan man tan ban ran pan van
- 12 cat tttt Reading Words with Medial /a/ Sound (-an Family) C. Directions: Let us try to read the following words. Read after the teacher. -ap Family cap lap map sap tap rap gap nap
- 13 ACTIVITY 6 Identifying Pictures of Words with Medial Vowel Sounds Directions: Look at the following pictures. Encircle the word that tells the name of the pictures given below. Number 1 has been done for you. 1. cat mat bat 6. rat bat hat 2. pin bin sin 107. men ten hen 3. bug mug tug 8. pan fan can 4. bib fib big 9. hen pen den 5. sun gun fun 10. car far jar
- 14 ACTIVITY 7 Identifying Final Sounds Directions: Identify the following pictures. Complete the words below by writing the letter of the final sound. Number 1 has been done for you. 1. mug 2. bo__ 3. ma__ 4. cu__
- 15 5. sta__ 6. windo__ 7. boo__ 8. ma__ 9. wal__ 10. mas_
- 16 ACTIVITY 8 Identifying the Initial, Medial, and Final Sounds Directions: Identify each of the pictures below. Write the initial, medial and final sounds on the blank provided under each pictures. Number 1 has been done for you. 1. bun 6. _ _ _ 2. _ _ _ 7. _ _ _ 3. _ _ _ 8. _ _ _ 4. _ _ _ 9. _ _ _ 5. _ _ _ 10. _ _ _
- 17 ACTIVITY 9 Arranging Letters to Form Words Directions: Look at the following scrambled words. Rearrange the letters to form the name of each picture. Number 1 has been done for you. 1.g d o = d o g 2.h n e = _ _ _ 3.a b t =_ _ _ 4. t c a = _ _ _ 5.g u b = _ _ _
- 18 6. g p i =_ _ _ 7.t a m =_ _ _ 8. g b a =_ _ _ 9. t r a =_ _ _ 10. n a v=_ _ _
- 19 ACTIVITY 10 Reading Simple Sentences with Words in CVC Pattern 1. The cat is on the mat. 2. The cat has a hat. 3.The pot is on the mat. 4. It is a red hen. 5. The fan is on the bed.
- 20 6. Ana has a dog. 7. Len has toy. 8. Kim sat on a cot. 9. Jen bit her lip. 10. I have red lips.
- 21 ACTIVITY 11 Reading Words with Long /a/ Sounds Directions: Read the words below after your teacher. Check each word that you have read correctly. Number 1 has been done for you. 1. made 6. nape 2. blade 7. cape 3. trade 8. tape 4. jade 9. gape 5. dame 10. sale
- 22 ACTIVITY 12 Reading Words with Short /i/ Sounds Directions: Read the following words after your teacher. Produce the sounds three times. Check each word after reading it. Number 1 has been done for you. 1. pin fin big pig 2. dig kid pit kit 3. sit zip rid nip 4. lid mix hit him 5. him hit kit lit 6. rim him tip tin 7. sin tin bid hid 8. pit lit sit wit 9. hill mill bill pill 10.bit pig his wig
- 23 dime lime time pine ACTIVITY 13 Reading Words with Long /i/ Sounds Directions: Read the words below after your teacher. Circle each word that you have read correctly. Number 1 has been done for you. 1. dime chime time lime 2. bile mile pile tile 3. hire tire fire wire 4. dike pike like hike 5. site bite rite lite 6. bite bike hide mite 7. kite write site life 8. hide mike vine pine 9. fine mine nine five 10.lime dime rite file dime nine line lime
- 24 B. Direction: Read the following words. Encircle the word that has a long /i/ sound. 1. tin bin vine sip 2. tip mine lip hip 3. bit lime hit kit 4. kite knit lit bit 5. sip sit site lip 6. rip ripe writ hit 7. hip sip dine kin 8. tip kit mite sip 9. pine pin rip pit 10. bin kin bit bite
- 25 ACTIVITY 14 Identifying Consonant Blends A.Directions: Read the following words. Color the circle with consonant blend after reading each word. Number 1 has been done for you. 1. as in block 2. as in fly 3. as in glass 4. as in plant 5. as in class 6. as in crown 7. as in prize 8. as in swan 9. as in frog 10. as in grass fl gl pl cl cr pr sw fr gr bl
- 26 B.Directions: Listen carefully as your teacher reads the name of each picture. Encircle the missing initial consonant blend from the given choices to complete the word. . 1. fl pl bl __ower 2. gl bl pl __ass 3. cl pl gl __ock 4. pl cl bl __own 5. pl cl bl __ip
- 27 6. cr pr fr ___og 7. cr pr sw __awn 8. gr sw cr __ass 9. gr sw cr __an 10. pl cl fl __own
- 28 C .Directions: Match each word with initial consonant blend sound to its appropriate picture on the right by drawing a line. Number 1 has been done for you. 1. clown 2. frog 3. crown 4. tree 5. crown
- 29 D.Directions: Write the initial consonant blends to complete the words below then write the correct word inside the box beside it. 1. __ood 2. __ad 3. __esh 4. __ant 5. __ass 6. __end 7. __ame 8. __enty 9. __ean 10.__ack
- 30 E. Directions: Choose the best word in the box that will complete each sentence. Write the word on the blank. play clothes flower planet blind 1. A ___ man can not see anything. 2. May love to ___ during sunny day. 3. Gumamela is a common ___. 4. Mother washes ___ every Saturday. 5. Earth is an example of a ___.
- 31 ACTIVITY 19 Sequencing Direction: Study the sentences. Number them 1-5 in the order they happened in the story. A. First Part _________ Lou placed a loaf of bread on a tray. _________ Lou dropped her backpack on the sofa . _________ Lou prepared three sandwiches. _________ Lou opened the refrigerator and got the tuna spread and Mango juice. _________ Lou took off her shoes and put on her slippers. B. Second Part _________ Lou thanked Benjie. _________ Benjie arrived from school. _________ Lou showed Benjie and the chocobar. _________ Lou gave Benjie a sandwich. _________ Benjie looked for his chocobar in the refrigerator.
- 32 ACTIVITY 20 Predicting Outcomes Directions : Read each situation. Choose the appropriate ending by writing the letter of the correct answer. 1. Leah studies her lesson every day. She is very attentive in class. One day, the teacher gave a test. a. Leah answered the test correctly. b. Leah did not pass the test. c. Leah got a low grade in the test. 2. It was raining very hard. Ricky had no umbrella. He had no raincoat. He walked He walked in the rain in the rain in the rain all the way home. a. Ricky became very clean. b. Ricky did not like the rain. c. Ricky got sick. 3. Leo watch television until midnight. He had no time to fix his school bag. He was very sleepy. a. Leo got up early. b. Leo got the highest score in the test. c. Leo felt sleepy in the classroom. 4. Tony was very good in drawing. In November, their school held a drawin