Infinispan Overview - JBoss · PDF file cluster nodes. Infinispan is self-discovering and...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Infinispan Overview - JBoss · PDF file cluster nodes. Infinispan is self-discovering and...
Scan this and find out more about the Infinispan project. http://www.jboss.org/infinispan
*In�nispan 5.0 will be included in the upcoming JBoss Enterprise Middleware products to provide scalable and available access to existing data without the need to invest further in complex and expensive Database technology.
Lucene is a trademark of the Apache So�ware Foundation
Infinispan Overview Community Project
Infinispan* is an open source data grid platform, presenting a distributed, highly concurrent in-memory data structure that spans multiple cluster nodes. Infinispan is self-discovering and self-healing, so nodes can be added to and
removed from a cluster without stopping the operation of the cluster. A data tier built using Infinispan can be scaled out and back in again, on demand, with no disruption of service. In�nispan exposes a simple API - a map-like Cache interface aiming for JSR-107 compatibility - and stores data in simple key/value pairs. It can be considered a key/value NoSQL store, with all the bene�ts of elasticity and resilience that are inherent in data grids, combined with the low-latency and performance of an in-memory data structure.
In�nispan o�ers two primary modes of interaction:
1. in-VM, where embedded In�nispan instances are started up within your application and neighboring nodes are discovered and a cluster is formed.
2. Client/server, where a dedicated data grid tier is set up and applications interact with this data grid tier over a network socket, using one of three supported protocols, allowing both JVM and non-JVM clients to make use of In�nispan.
• REST. �is allows clients to connect to and communicate with an In�nispan tier via a RESTful protocol, using standard HTTP client libraries present in most programming languages’ SDKs.
• Memcached. Making use of the popular, open source memcached wire protocol, In�nispan allows connections using of one of many memcached client libraries available for almost any platform.
• Hot Rod. �is custom wire protocol has been designed for In�nispan with failover, load balancing and smart-routing in mind, delivering a very high level of performance. Java, Python and Ruby clients are currently available, and more native clients are expected and encouraged.
In�nispan o�ers a very wide array of features, including: • Advanced, lock-free concurrent internal data structures highly tuned for multi-core CPU architectures • State-of-the-art eviction algorithms that add minimal overhead to most operations, with support for expirable entries • Write-through and write-behind to disk and other configured cache stores • JTA and XA transaction compatibility • Flexible Query API and integration with Apache Lucene • Management via JMX, and a management GUI via RHQ • Migration tools to help you migrate JBoss Cache, EHCache and Coherence configurations to Infinispan • Innovative new Map/Reduce and distributed code execution APIs
In�nispan’s found a home in many proprietary and open source projects, including:
• JBoss AS 7 - In�nispan is central to the clustering technology used in JBoss AS 7 • Hibernate - In�nispan is a powerful distributed second-level cache provider for Hibernate • Hibernate Search - In�nispan is a backend for real-time replicated indexes • Apache Lucene - In�nispan o�ers a distributed, in-memory index directory implementation for Lucene
Find out more at http://www.jboss.org/in�nispan, or join #in�nispan on irc.freenode.net