inanimate alice This story will take around 7 minutes to view
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of inanimate alice This story will take around 7 minutes to view
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- inanimate alice This story will take around 7 minutes to view.
- Slide 3
- My name is Alice. I am 16 years old.
- Slide 4
- We moved to Spain. My dad was fired from his teaching job because he wasnt teaching them to their standards. Also, he was constantly, always stressed- according to the principal anyway.
- Slide 5
- So, he applied for a job as a translator in Spain. I dont know how he found that job, but he was the only one who applied for it, so he got the job.
- Slide 6
- Packing was easy because we didnt have much. I brought my most prized possession - my new Ba-xi. Well, it is a slightly older model.
- Slide 7
- I got it with the birthday money I had got from my friends and parents and some I saved up.
- Slide 8
- Slide 9
- Now we live here: Its a small, smelly, and cramped apartment. I guess its fine for now. Assuming that well get a new house soon.
- Slide 10
- Slide 11
- It is interesting and creepy watching the people being chased by the bull. Im so excited that I dont realize something important.
- Slide 12
- Somehow, my parents get involved with running in the festival. I try to get to them but it is too dangerous. The bulls could easily catch up to me.
- Slide 13
- I get out my Ba-xi and find Brad out ask him what to do. He encourages me to participate. Then I put my Ba-xi back into my pocket.
- Slide 14
- I know I can trust him so I go in, trying to get to my parents. I trip and the bulls gain on me.
- Slide 15
- I nearly get run over but luckily, I roll over, just in time. It was terrifying! I was almost killed!
- Slide 16
- I blame Brad but he doesnt reply. I get my Ba-xi out of my pocket. Through my anger I delete him.
- Slide 17
- Then I realize I dont know where I am. I need Brad but he is gone, in the trash bin.
- Slide 18
- I try to draw Brad again but I have forgotten what he looks like and I have changed my drawing style. I look around. The place is strange, nothing like Ive remembered.
- Slide 19
- All the hype has mucked up my brain.
- Slide 20
- I look at my Ba-xi to use its map to find where I am and to how to go home. There is no internet connection.
- Slide 21
- I panic.
- Slide 22
- Without Brad I dont know what to do. I go to the locals to ask for directions. I realize I dont speak Spanish.
- Slide 23
- I hadnt been paying attention in class back in England. Damn! What to do? I ask myself over and over again.
- Slide 24
- An idea pops up! I call my parents. First I call my dad. Walking around in circles I wait for his reply. He doesnt answer. Luckily I can call my mum. She doesnt answer as well. I try several times but they still dont reply.
- Slide 25
- I pull my hair in stress. It hurts but I dont know what to do.
- Slide 26
- After a while I decide to try and draw a different character. It is the only thing I can do. This time it is a girl.
- Slide 27
- Her name is Wendy.
- Slide 28
- Shes really laid back, but with the help of her I manage to find a familiar place. Wendy helps me stay calm. My parents are waiting there!
- Slide 29
- I am happy to find them. We hug and we cry. We decide to go out for dinner at an Italian restaurant to celebrate them finding me and for them surviving and not getting hurt in the bull running.
- Slide 30
- I still miss my friends in England, but I am so happy to have found my parents. But even more happy to have a new digital friend Wendy.
- Slide 31
- My life now is great, my mum Ming is happy doing her painting and making good money from selling some of them. But she keeps the best ones for us.
- Slide 32
- My dad - John is making heaps of money in his new job.
- Slide 33
- Slide 34
- It has a tennis court, basketball court, swimming pool and sauna/steam room. - Just to name a few.
- Slide 35
- Well now, me, I got into a school with boys!!! Obviously an international school.
- Slide 36
- I really hope we stay here for good. Im still making friends and I find it easier to fit in here.
- Slide 37
- The only downside is that my dad is always away for work. He was meant to be home last week. Probably away for work, though mum and I havent heard anything from him or his work
- Slide 38
- Written and produced by Paris Poon and Will Keely, From an original idea by Will Keely. Brad and Wendy illustrations by Paris Poon. A ParisWill Company production. The ParisWill Company Ltd.