ICONICLOUD Investor Pitch Deck (September 2013)
Embed Size (px)
ICONICLOUD: Instagram for the Semantic Web -- just a lot smarter...
Transcript of ICONICLOUD Investor Pitch Deck (September 2013)
- 1. Instagram for the Semantic Web --just a lot smarter Investor Pitch Deck September 2013 Confidential & Proprietary TM
- 2. Summary We have created the first generation software tools to transform static Media Libraries and Content Management Systems into dynamic media visualizations and knowledge-bases optimized for the Semantic Web. We are seeking $500K in seed funding to accelerate product launch into select CMS platform markets with a compelling and competitively-priced product portfolio. Our assembled team, expertise, technology design and architecture enables us to efficiently scale our toolkits, cloud platform and business to reach a global consumer audience through our multi-lingual, mobile-enabled web applications. Our business model is based on proven, lean complexity/low-overhead commercial delivery methods sustained by multiple and recurring product and service revenue streams in the B2B and B2C markets. ICONICLOUD represents a solid investment candidate with excellent strategic exit potential given our innovative solutions, our market space and the track record of similar startups in adjacent markets.
- 3. What We Do Smart Media Visualizations: ICONICLOUD creates smart, structured open web enabled media visualizations for collecting, correlating and discovering new visual value in rich, digital media libraries for both business and consumer users. Creating Structure and New Correlations from Unstructured Data: Our software toolkit automatically and efficiently transforms Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress, Joomla, Ruby on Rails) into semantically-optimized datasets with new correlations within the Media Library, with other external media resources, and with knowledge repositories available across the Web. Visual User Experience: Our visual User Interface (Aurora) to these synthesized datasets creates an immersive User Experience that enhances browsing, discovery, learning and collaboration on both mobile and desktop devices. Site-enhancing Software Tools: The cumulative effect spurs new and repeat website visitors, increases user dwell times through visual engagement and exploration, and optimizes the site content for semantic search visibility and enhanced results.
- 4. ICONICLOUD visual UX Our software tools efficiently analyze the metadata within CMS/Media Libraries and synthesize this with natural language processing techniques for media context. The results produce a meta-dataset which can be rendered in new visualization models and content discovery modes, using the media content itself. ICONICLOUD is a compelling, companion resource to the effort invested by site owners and contributors in their rich, user-generated media content. The results speak for themselves. From this: To this: TabletSmartphone Visual Design StudioSM
- 5. Proof of Concept Our beta software tools have demonstrated ICONICLOUDs innovative value proposition on a live WordPress site: Via Lucis Photography of Religious Architecture. Dennis Aubrey, Via Lucis founder, photographer and site owner, offers this assessment: "Iconicloud presents an entirely different way of looking at the totality of a site. It works both as a browsing tool and as a research tool, serving as a powerful form of visual indexing. In the future, we can see how an image-intensive site or for that matter any site replete with rich, mixed media content that is organized using Iconicloud can tie into and correlate the local material into other relevant material across the massive library that is the worldwide web. This is a compelling step towards a visual, semantic web of knowledge..." More User Feedback: "Stunning" ... "Fascinating" "A tool like this could completely supersede the existing literature and help people see entirely new relationships and time sequences in the evolution of church architecture." "It's phenomenal! This is a fantastic way to display images and allow people to experience this in a more neural-network form, almost simulating how the brain creates its synapses and builds neural networks" "cool tool"... The ICONICLOUD Demo Edition is available from our website in the Additional Resources section
- 6. How We Do It Media Mapping: Our software tools mine and map the metadata associated with the rich digital media content and synthesize this with natural language analysis of the narrative context to determine weighted keywords and themes; we then merge this with semantic correlations and contextual links to external libraries, resources and knowledge-bases this is our back-end data construction process. Media Visualization: We use the visual content of the media library itself to create new visual structures based on this data construction. This visually- centric User Experience provides an innovative form of pattern recognition (and higher cognitive recognition and retention value) to facilitate browsing, navigation and immersion into the content. We can auto-generate these synthesized datasets in virtually any literal language based on our Unicode support, and deliver the visual UX via any device, including tablets and smartphones, based on our use of HTML5 responsive display (with further mobile-optimization in the development pipeline).
- 7. Here are some timely articles from Google regarding recent updates to their Knowledge Graph for semantically-optimized search: https://plus.google. com/116899029375914044550/posts/WsW16hKHk8k (The post above is extracted to the right for easy reference) http://insidesearch.blogspot.com/2013/09/fifteen-years- onand-were-just-getting.html We thought it would be helpful to outline how this plays with ICONICLOUD, which is outlined in the infographic on the next page. ICONICLOUD and the Semantic Web
- 8. CMS Media Library a) Our ICONICLOUD software tools and techniques transform CMS/Media Libraries into semantically-structured, RDF datasets. Our data schema conforms to the same schema standards outlined by W3C and used by Google's Knowledge Graph (and others) for collecting and generating their semantic search results. b) Instead of an End-User initiating the semantic search inquiry via the search engine, our ICONICLOUD software performs equivalent semantic queries of the same external Knowledge Bases and data resources on behalf of the CMS/Media Library based on our data analysis, and then synthesizes the correlated results as new linked resources within the metadata of the CMS/Media Library. This new "meta- dataset" is then used in our ICONICLOUD visual UX for deeper exploration and discovery by visitors to our customers' websites. c) As a result of our step (a), and as a secondary benefit, the semantically structured CMS/Media Library is also ready to serve as a contributing entity to the web-wide Knowledge Bases and repositories used by Google and other search engines. Thus, the CMS/Media library is exposed as a viable knowledge resource itself that can be used in semantic search engines like Google's Knowledge Graph, creating new and forward-looking search visibility for the site owner. d) ICONICLOUDs Unicode support means our tools can correlate and cross-reference Media Libraries and external resource bases in different languages, and automatically present visualizations in a specific language as well correlate the results across linguistics and cultural demographics into a unified visual media User Experience.
- 9. Why We Are Doing It Media is a universal language -- people like to experience and share pictures and sounds and are doing so on an unprecedented and global scale. The InterWeb is awash in both user-generated and professionally- produced rich, digital media: photos, videos, music, news, entertainment, infographics, presentations, websites, blogs, etc But There's Too Much Information! Most of this media has a limited shelf life, or is buried and goes completely unnoticed or under-appreciated given the effort invested by their creators. The Semantic Web is emerging and coalescing, driven by major players: W3C, Google Knowledge Graph, Bing/Yahoo, Schema.org, Freebase, DBpedia et al. This will have significant effects on semantically-optimized search applications, including the important role digital media plays in search performance and results.
- 10. Market Opportunity The B2B Addressable Market for our CMS tools is substantial: WordPress is the platform for 40M - 60M websites around the world. Popular with individuals, SMBs and enterprises. ICONICLOUDs Aurora Plugin for WP-CMS/Media Libraries is competitively priced: $49 - $149 annual subscription based on product feature sets (e.g. Media Maps, Visual Navigator, Media Networks, Semantic Discovery) and planned enhancements. We will use efficient distribution channels and available ecosystems of e- commerce, marketing affiliates, co-developer and support communities for our launch ramp. The initial ROI of $500K equates to 3,500 - 10,500 site owners -- a very conservative penetration target. Our B2B product portfolio addresses other popular CMS platforms and user communities, both general-purpose and application-specific.