How to treat fungal nail
Embed Size (px)
How do you feel walking with a fungal nail? The idea is disgusting, is it not? Fungal nail means infection in the hard material of the nail that is keratin. It can affect all the parts of the nail.
Transcript of How to treat fungal nail
- How to Treat Fungal Nail
- How do you feel walking with a fungal nail? The idea is disgusting, is it not? Fungal nail means infection in the hard material of the nail that is keratin. It can affect all the parts of the nail. It can affect the nail plate, its bed as well as the root of the nail. It causes discoloration in the nail and the nail becomes thickened and distorted.
- Fungal nail infection is more frequently observed in the toenail in comparison to the fingernails. The medical name of fungal nail is onychomycosis and it should be treated before the infection gets deeper into your skin. It cannot be treated by just any doctor. You will need a podiatrist in EC2 if you are living in the great City of London.
- Who is susceptible to fungal nail? Fungal nails do not occur in children. It is the older people that are most susceptible to fungal nails. People having certain kinds of health issues are also more susceptible to fungal nail. If you are having Athletes foot, psoriasis, diabetes or peripheral vascular disease, your chances of getting fungal nail increases. Fungal nail is also more common in those individuals who have a weaker immune system.
- What are the symptoms of fungal nail? Podiatrists in EC2 look for certain common symptoms before describing the condition as fungal nail. The symptoms are: The first sign of fungal nail is thickened nail and discoloured nail. The nail can become black, white, green or yellow. You may also feel pain in the nail.
- Fungal nail does not cause any detrimental effects but it can cause discomfort and cosmetic issues if not treated early. Therefore, you need to see a podiatrist in EC2 before it gets late.
- What are the possible causes of fungal nail? Fungi named dermatophyte which causes athletes foot also causes fungal nail. Athletes foot can spread to the toe and can cause fungal nail. A nail infection can also be caused by the other type of fungi. Candida is among those fungi that cause fungal nail.
- There are some conditions that can increase the chances of fungal nails, including: Tight fitting shoes can make your feet sweat more when your feet are hot. It increases the chance of getting fungal nail. Humid environment also increases the chance of fungal nail. Damage to the nail and skin around it Health conditions such as diabetes or
- How to treat a fungal nail infection If you are suspecting you have a fungal nail, you should visit a podiatrist in EC2. The podiatrist in EC2 will check your nail and send the sample to the laboratory. If your nail is diagnosed with a fungal infection, certain medication will be prescribed. The antifungal medication will include the nail paint and the antifungal tablets.
- If the condition is severe, the podiatrist in EC2 will suggest a surgery for nail removal. You can also go for laser treatment. However, laser treatment can be expensive. To prevent fungal nail in future, you need to take good care of your feet.
- If you want to know more information about this ,please visit http://feetbypody.com