How to Install SSL Certificate on OS X Lion 10.7 Server
Embed Size (px)
Quick and easy process to install SSL Certificate on OS X Lion 10.7 server, Get your SSL Certificate installed within minutes.
Transcript of How to Install SSL Certificate on OS X Lion 10.7 Server
- How to install an SSL certificate on OS X Lion 10.7 server
- Lion server is Apples next generation server software that is designed for OS X and iOS devices; Lion server enables its users with following collaboration services like file sharing, meeting scheduling, contact synchronization, web hosting, network remote access, etc.
- After purchasing an SSL certificate from CheapSSLSecurity and completing the check-out process, you will receive your SSL certificate via email. This email contains a Zip file that includes Primary certificate, Root certificate and Intermediate certificate. Download this Zip file and extract it on OS X server directory. Here is a simple stepwise procedure for installing an SSL certificate on an OSX Lion 10.7 server:
- Double click on your .crt file On being asked about keychain, please proceed by selecting System Or you can prefer the following command line from Terminal Type: sudo /usr/bin/security add-trusted-cert -d -r trustRoot -k "/Library/Keychains/System.keychain" "/path/to/ca Note: This is a single command, not Two commands.
- In the Lion server, select your server from the panel on the left side and select Setting tab. Here you need to click on the Edit button.
- Now click on Action menu and select Manage certificates. You will see a new dialog box here. Press Add (+) button and select 'Import a Certificate Identity' from Actions Menu. Here you need to drag your certificate and private key from the finder to the dialog box and then press the Import button. Select the imported SSL certificate from the pop menu.
- You have successfully installed the SSL certificate on OS X Lion 10.7 server with this step.
- You can also check your newly installed SSL certificate on your OS X Lion servers setting menu. Apple OS X Lion Support : http://www.apple.com/support/lionserver/ SSL Installation Checker : https://cheapsslsecurity.com/ssltools/ssl-checker.php Generate CSR : https://cheapsslsecurity.com/ssltools/csr-generator.php
- Blog: cheapsslsecurity.com/blog Facebook: CheapSSLSecurities Twitter: SSLSecurity Google Plus: +Cheapsslsecurity For More Information on SSL Certificate Errors