How to Install SSL Certificate on OS X Lion 10.7 Server
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of How to Install SSL Certificate on OS X Lion 10.7 Server
How to install an SSL certificate on OS X Lion
Lion server is Apple’s next generation server software that is designed for OS X and iOS devices; Lion server enables its users with following collaboration services like file sharing, meeting scheduling, contact synchronization, web hosting, network remote access, etc.
Step 1: Download and Extract SSL certificate
After purchasing an SSL certificate from CheapSSLSecurity and completing the check-out process, you will receive your SSL certificate via email. This email contains a Zip file that includes Primary certificate, Root certificate and Intermediate certificate. Download this Zip file and extract it on OS X server directory.
Here is a simple stepwise procedure for installing an SSL certificate on an OSX Lion 10.7 server:
Step 2: Import Your CA certificates
• Double click on your .crt file• On being asked about keychain, please proceed by selecting
‘System’• Or you can prefer the following command line from Terminal
Type: sudo /usr/bin/security add-trusted-cert -d -r trustRoot -k "/Library/Keychains/System.keychain" "/path/to/ca
Note: This is a single command, not Two commands.
Step 3: Import SSL Certificate• In the Lion server, select your server from the panel on the left side
and select ‘Setting’ tab. Here you need to click on the ‘Edit’ button.
• Now click on ‘Action’ menu and select ‘Manage certificates’.
• You will see a new dialog box here.
• Press Add (+) button and select 'Import a Certificate Identity' from ‘Actions’ Menu.
• Here you need to drag your certificate and private key from the finder to the dialog box and then press the Import button.
• Select the imported SSL certificate from the pop menu.
• You have successfully installed the SSL certificate on OS X Lion 10.7 server with this step.
• You can also check your newly installed SSL certificate on your OS X Lion server’s setting menu.
• Apple OS X Lion Support : http://www.apple.com/support/lionserver/• SSL Installation Checker : https://cheapsslsecurity.com/ssltools/ssl-checker.php• Generate CSR : https://cheapsslsecurity.com/ssltools/csr-generator.php
Google Plus: +Cheapsslsecurity
For More Information on SSL Certificate Errors