How to Ace your Internship Interview
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of How to Ace your Internship Interview
- How to Ace Your Internship Interview
- Do your research -Read news stories, LinkedIn and the companys website
- Dress to impress -Always be dressed more smartly than everyone else -Never wear clothes that are too revealing and cut down on jewellery and perfume.
- -If youre on time then youre late -Leave a 15 minute leeway in case of delays or other problems Early Bird Catches the Worm
- Get Contact Details -Make sure you have a phone number to call in case you are late to the interview -Send an email to follow up after the interview
- Tell Stories -Prepare stories that demonstrate your skills -Always start with what the problem was then what actions you took and the eventual result of your actions
- Be Prepared -There are some questions that are universally asked in every industry and preparing answers before your interview will mean you can answer with confidence.
- Tell me about yourself -Dont tell the interviewer your life story, talk about more recent, relevant experiences. -Two minutes is all you need.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses? When asked about your weaknesses make sure to explain to the interviewer what you have been doing to address them.
- Describe a time when you faced a challenging situation Remember to use the problem, action taken, result formula.
- Willing to Learn -The company will understand that, as an intern, you are not necessarily the most experienced -Show you are willing to gain experience and are genuinely interested in the company
- Be yourself -The interviewer wants to know that you will fit in with the company culture - dont be afraid to let a bit of your personality out.
- Positive Attitude -Show your passion for the industry and the position through your knowledge and the way you talk
- Body Language -Greet the interviewer with a firm handshake, sit up straight, dont fidget, make eye contact -Identify your twitch so you can learn to control it in interviews.
- Ask Questions -Takes notes during the interview in case theres anything you want to ask more about or clarify -Dont be afraid to ask questions at relevant points throughout the interview -Show youre interested and youve done your research
- Feedback -At the end of the interview find out the time-frame for a response -Thank the interviewer for their time -Send a thank you email to the interviewer and express your interest in the position. -If you dont hear from the company send an email or give them a call to remind them youre interested -Dont chase up more than once
- Good Luck!
- Specialized in providing Paid Internships in China and Chinese Study Abroad Programs to foreigners worldwide. www.startupchina.com