Horror movie Magazines Analysis
Transcript of Horror movie Magazines Analysis
Horror movie Magazines
• Is the “The World's Number One Horror Magazine in print and digital...for Horror News, Interviews, Reviews, Previews and Trailers...” – official website
• It is Published monthly
Puff/Sky line - I like the use of these words as they draw the audience in
Movie image/main image – the image becomes lost when there are other images as well as graphics
Barcode and date
Masthead – I like the masthead it links well to the genre because of the name and blood drops.
Movie name/ Main Cover Line - has a exclusive interview and is in large writing to show it’s importance.
Cover line – they use multiple cover lines in different text and colours, I think that this overpowers the magazine and makes in to busy
• Is a horror magazine that covers “cover films, celebrity interviews, DVDs, Blu-rays, festivals, books, games, comics, graphic novels, fiction/non-Fiction, photography, clothing/fashion, news, reviews, previews, competitions, on-location film reports & much, much more!” – official website
Main cover line/article – the text links well to the genre and grabs the attention of the reader as it stands out more then the other text
Cover lines - the writing for this section is in one font but changes between black and blue
Masthead – is big and has a creepy vibe, it matches the addition and sits behind the main image
Movie image, main image – is the largest thing on the page but does not take up all of the space. It has a cartoon look that works well for the film
Barcode and price
• Was started in 1979 under the name “FANTASTICA”
• It was started as a magazine that would focus of fantasy but has branched out since then into genres such as horror
Masthead – is simple and sits over the main image
Secondary images – this draws attention away from the main image but also adds more content to the page.
Movie image, main image – is a close mid shot with the model looking to the reader, drawing them in
Puff/Sky line – draws in attention and highlights genre
Cover line – is not with actors name and therefore could be confusing to reader
Actors name and cover line - two images may work but three is to distracting
• Is a physical and digital film magazines that offers readers reviews and exclusives from films off all genres
• It is a British magazine that is published every month
• The first issue was realised in 1989
Movie image – the model looks out to the audience and the use of the mask creates a mysterious tone.
Masthead – sits behind the image
Movie name/ Main Cover Line - is large and draws a lot of attention.
Puff/Sky line - is large and draws people in
Cover line uses a graphic to make it pop out
Quote – creates questions for the audience.
Barcode and price