Hazel Gordon Baldwin and Earl Franklin Baldwin
Embed Size (px)
Hazel Gordon (1909–2000) & Earl Franklin Baldwin (1909–1970)
Transcript of Hazel Gordon Baldwin and Earl Franklin Baldwin
- 1. Hazel Gordon (19092000) & Earl Franklin Baldwin (19091970) Earl Franklin Baldwin Born: 10 Jul 1909 Beaver, Beaver Co., Utah Died: 22 Apr. 1970 Beaver, Beaver Co., Utah Burial: 25 Aor 1970 Beaver, Beaver Co., Utah Married: 4 Sep 1928 St. George, Washington Co./ Utah Hazel Bladwin Born 17 Dec., 1909, Taylor Creek, Bingham Co., Idaho Died: 12 Jan 2000 Beaver, Beaver Co., Utah Burial: 15 Jan 2000 Beaver, Beaver Co., Utah
- 2. Hazel Baldwin I was born December 17, 1909 at Taylor Creek, Bingham Co, Idaho. The earliest recollection I have is of Erma, my sister, being born in Taylor, Idaho. Then of Daddy (Sam A. Gordon) being operated on for appendicitis in Idaho, somewhere, and my mama (Harriet Louisa Meikle Gordon) taking me to visit him. 1912 Samuel A Gordon Family at Taylor Creek, Idaho
- 3. At this same place Daddy had a stallion that he was really proud of. I also have a faint memory of Daddy operating on my leg. It must have been a family affair. My dear father could and would do whatever was necessary for our welfare. I started school in Smithfield, Utah. I remember the death of my Grandmother Meikle. I also remember the elk that were on the Smithfield Park, I used to love going to visit Uncle Foster and Aunt Bell Gordon, and all our cousins. Also the little store that they had, on their place. Also the huge barn and lots of cows they had on their place. We used to visit Uncle Harvey and Aunt Zella and family. Also Uncle Joe and Aunt Temp. Uncle Jim and Aunt Lou and their families. In the spring of 1926 we moved to Manderfield, Utah. Where Daddy bought a farm and a
- 4. herd of sheep. One day while Daddy was haying on this farm he fell off of a haystack and broke several ribs. That summer Grandpa Gordon died. (Samuel A. Gordon 1879 1938) The next spring Ethel (my little sister) was very seriously injured and spent several weeks in the hospital at Milford. Gordon & Baldwin Parents Earl Balwin lived in Manderfield with his family. He was a fine clean young man. He helped his father farm and worked on the state road. The Baldwins were a good L.D.S. family. I fell in love with Earl. Earl Baldwin and I were married at St. George, Utah September 4, 1928. On March 8, 1929 we went to the Salt Lake Temple and were sealed. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/F8PL-GBM & https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/F8PG-J4T
- 5. Earl worked at the Lark Mine for a few months, and then we came back to Beaver for a short time. Then we went to Berkeley California, where our first son was born. He was stillborn, 23 November, 1929. In March we came back to Utah for one-and-a- half years and lived in Manderfield. Earl Baldwin, LeRoy Gordon & Auto 1928 Number used for Children Names Son #1 was born 7 January, 1931 at my mother and father's home, 3372 South 11th East in Salt Lake City. When #1 was six months old we went back to California for about three years.
- 6. Daughter #1 was born December 6, 1934 at Berkeley, California. When she was 5 months old we came back to Utah to live. Earl's mother died soon after we arrived here, so we bought his fathers little service station and store. We lived with his father for a year, then Earl started to build our home. In 1938 my dear Dad died suddenly leaving my mother and Arval alone. Son #2 was born 1 November, 1941 at home. About 1942 Earl went into the coal business, and with our gas, oil, and groceries we were kept real busy and happy. Son #3 was born 25 November, 1949 at Cedar City, Utah. Soon after Son #3 was born Earl became an oil distributor, he was honest and accommodating and had a good business, for which he received certificates'. Daughter #2 was born 11 May 1951 at Cedar City, Utah.
- 7. Earl F. Baldwin was actively engaged in all parts of the Church and enjoyed all the blessings that came from living the gospel to the fullest. He was always concerned about his fellowmen and loved to help anyone at anytime. He was ordained a High Priest 4 May, 1952. He served on the High Council in Beaver Stake. He was also Bishop of Beaver 1st Ward for several years. At the time of his death he was working with the Senior Aaronic in Beaver Stake. Hazel Gordon Baldwin At this time I am 63 years old. (about 1973)
- 8. Hazel with her GORDON SISTER 1960 SISTERS: Ethyl, Vera, Erma, Hazel
- 9. Your tombstone stands neglected and alone. The name and date are chiseled out on polished, marbled stone. It reaches out to all who care. It is too late to mourn. You did not know that I exist. You died and I was born. Yet each of us are cells of you in flesh, in blood, in bone. Our heart contracts and beats a pulse entirely not our own. Dear Ancestor, the place you filled so many years ago. Spreads out among the ones you left who would have loved you so. I wonder as you lived and loved, I wonder if you knew That someday I would find this spot and come to visit you.
- 10. FIND A GRAVE http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=103994 Earl Franklin Baldwin Birth: Jul. 10, 1909, Beaver, Beaver County, Utah Death: Apr. 22, 1970, Beaver, Beaver County, Utah Burial: Mountain View Cemetery , Beaver, Beaver County, Utah Plot: C_C26_2 http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=22422117 Hazel Gordon Baldwin Birth: Dec. 17, 1909, Taylor, Bonneville County, Idaho Death: Jan. 12, 2000, Beaver, Beaver County, Utah Burial: Mountain View Cemetery , Beaver, Beaver County, Utah Plot: C_C26_3