Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Guerilla marketing
- 1. GUERILLA MARKETING
- 2. WHAT IS IT? Coined by Jay Conrad Levinson and defined as achieving conventional goals, like profit and joy with unconventional methods, such as investing energy instead of money It is a promotional tactic used by small businesses. It is often known as Stealth Marketing. Highly suitable for businesses with tight budget.
- 3. Guerilla marketing uses unconventional but creative promotional techniques within a limited budget. The target audience is often unaware that they are being marketed. Small business favour it as they cannot afford the mainstream marketing like use of television or newspapers. This kind of marketing can achieve big results at times.
- 4. WHY USE IT? They are highly effective in fostering AIDA Considering Pareto principle (80/20), 80% of revenues come from 20% of marketing activities. It leads to viral marketing (word-of-mouth). Less expensive compared to other ATL promotional techniques. Promotes creativity and healthy competition.
- 5. CASE OF MOZILLA FIREFOX In 2004, Mozilla Web browser was unknown until the company used guerilla marketing technique. The firm used a fan base of volunteers to generate 13 million downloads in just 45 days!! It was basically the use of peer persuasion and recommendation that played the game.
- 6. Guerilla marketing techniques Bagvertising (use of carrier and luggage bags) Bra-vertising (use of female models dressed in underwear) Head- vertising(using adverts placed on fore heads of sales people) Fancy Dress(use of extravagant outfit Stickers Usage Graffitti Use of merchandise goods like pens, wrist bands Buzz- marketing or word-of- mouth Use of Prominent displays Automobiles (use od adverts or signs in trucks, vans)
- 7. PROBLEMS Does not always reach the target markets. The invasive nature d unethical methods can cause negative publicity at times. Large opportunity costs might be involved. Sometimes guerilla marketing can take the shape of advertising clutter. Controversial ads can create negative publicity
- 8. TO CONCLUDE.. Though guerilla marketing may not work always yet, the increase adoption of technology has made it more accessible. However, it is unlikely to work in isolation. It can be used with other marketing strategies to reap the maximum benefits.