GROUND TRANSPORTATION REVOCABLE TRANSPORTATION REVOCABLE PE¢ service shall be composed of...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of GROUND TRANSPORTATION REVOCABLE TRANSPORTATION REVOCABLE PE¢ service shall be composed of...
GROUND TRANSPORTATION REVOCABLE PERMIT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: 1. RIGHTS GRANTED BY THIS PERMIT: This non-exclusive permit (“Permit”) provides Permittee
with the non-exclusive license to pick-up passengers and other users of the City of Atlanta’s (“City”) Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport’s (“Airport”) Domestic and International Terminals subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein. No other rights are granted in this Permit except as expressly set forth herein. Permittee is subject to the terms and conditions of this Permit, and must also abide by applicable Federal, State and local laws, regulations, rules, codes, ordinances, policies, procedures and executive orders, including but not limited to Airport and FAA rules and regulations. This Permit may not be assigned, transferred or encumbered in any way without the Aviation General Manager’s prior written consent. RESELLING, ASSIGNMENT, LICENSING, TRADING OR TRANSFER OF ANY AIRPORT CREDENTIALS IS NOT ALLOWED AND A VIOLATION OF THIS PROVISION MAY, IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE AVIATION GENERAL MANAGER, RESULT IN SUSPENSION OR REVOCATION OF THIS PERMIT AND DEACTIVATION OF ALL COMPANY VEHICLE TRANSPONDERS.
2. CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT EXCLUSION: PERMITTEE ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THIS PERMIT DOES NOT GRANT THE HOLDER THE RIGHT TO TRANSPORT PASSENGERS TO THE CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT (AS DEPICTED IN EXHIBIT B ATTACHED HERETO AND INCORPORATED HEREIN BY THIS REFERENCE) OF THE CITY OF ATLANTA FROM THE AIRPORT. PERMITTEE AGREES THAT IT (OR ANY AUTHORIZED ASSIGNEE, LICENSEE, SUBCONTRACTOR OR SUB-PERMITTEE) WILL NOT TRANSPORT PASSENGERS TO THE CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT OF THE CITY OF ATLANTA FROM THE AIRPORT, WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT FROM THE AVIATION GENERAL MANAGER, WHICH MAY BE GRANTED OR DENIED IN HIS/HER SOLE DISCRETION. PERMITTEE ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE AVIATION GENERAL MANAGER MAY IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE THIS PERMIT FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS SECTION BY PERMITTEE (OR ITS EMPLOYEES OR ANY OF PERMITTEE’S AUTHORIZED ASSIGNEE, LICENSEE, SUBCONTRACTOR OR SUB-PERMITTEE). THIS SECTION DOES NOT APPLY TO LIMOUSINE OR CHARTER OPERATORS.
3. TYPES OF VEHICLES ALLOWED PURSUANT TO THIS PERMIT: The Permittee is only allowed to
use vehicles approved by the Aviation General Manager for use pursuant to the Permit Type set forth above and as listed on the Permittee’s fleet log attached hereto as Exhibit C and incorporated herein by this reference. If Permittee decides to increase or change its vehicle fleet listed on the Permittee fleet log during the term of this Permit, the Permittee must submit a written request, which may be granted or denied at the sole discretion of the Aviation General Manager.
4. TERM: The term of this Permit shall begin on the Commencement Date and expire on the
Expiration Date (“Term”), unless earlier terminated pursuant to the terms hereof. Permittee shall apply for renewal of the Permit within the timeframe established by the Aviation General Manager and the Aviation General Manager reserves the right to deny any permit renewal application regardless of how or when received. The Aviation General Manager will not review
any permit renewal application, unless Permittee provides all required documents as required and each of the documents is completed in full. Permittee acknowledges and agrees that it is Permittee’s responsibility to insure that their renewal application package has been received by the Department of Aviation and is complete.
5. Permit Fee: Permittee shall pay a Permit Fee for the right to operate its service at the Airport. The Permit Fee shall be calculated and assessed based on the Fee Schedule set forth below and as identified by the Permit Type. Permit Fees are subject to escalation at the sole discretion of the Aviation General Manager (“AGM”) upon written notice to Permittee given at least thirty (30) days prior to the effective date of the new Permit Fee. Permit Fees shall be due on or before the 15th of each month for the preceding month without notice, demand, set off, abatement or counterclaim of any kind. For example, the Permit fees for the December receipts are due on January 15th. Additionally, at the time of signing this Permit and at each renewal year, Permittee may be required to pay a Decal Fee. Permit Fees and Decal Fees are not refundable.
6. Fee Schedule: Permittee shall pay the Permit Fee set forth below applicable to the Permit Type issued and set forth on the first page hereof. A late payment penalty of ten percent (10%) per month (or fraction thereof) of the unpaid balance (as further described herein below) applies for payments made after the 15th of each month. Any unpaid balances may, in the Aviation General Manager’s sole discretion, result in deactivation of vehicle transponders, suspension and/or revocation of this Permit until such time as all Permittee’s accounts are paid in full and current.
(a) Local Shared-Ride Shuttle: The Permit Fee shall be calculated as a percentage of monthly gross receipts derived by Permittee from transporting patrons to and from the Airport. The Permit Fee for operating a local shared-ride shuttle service shall be equal to (i) five percent (5%) of the first $400,000.00 of gross receipts plus (ii) seven percent (7%) of gross receipts in excess of $400,000.00.
(b) Regional Shared-Ride Shuttle: The Permit Fee for operating a regional shared-ride shuttle
service shall be composed of (i) a $600.00 fee for the use of the designated loading area plus (ii) a per vehicle charge of $100.00 for each vehicle in the Permittee’s fleet.
(c) Limousine/Sedan: Permittee shall pay a Permit Fee for operating a limousine/Private Car
service at the Airport plus a Parking Fee. The Permit Fee for operating a limousine/Private Car service at the Airport shall be composed of a per vehicle charge of $100.00 for each vehicle in the Permittee’s fleet. The Parking Fee for use of the Limousine Lot shall be paid monthly as invoiced through the Airport’s AVI system. Standard hourly parking rates will be charged to the limousine driver each time he/she exits the public parking lot (to be used only when the airport’s limousine lot is full). The hourly parking paid by limousine drivers shall be equivalent to the applicable parking charge for the public parking.
(d) Off-Airport Parking: The Permit Fee shall be composed of a per vehicle charge of $360.00 for each vehicle in the Permittee’s fleet. In addition, the Permit Fee shall include a charge of $10.00 per space available for public use in the Company’s parking lot(s).
(e) Charter: The Permit Fee shall be based upon the number of trips each permitted Charter Vehicle takes from the Airport. Each time Permittee transports passengers away from the Airport, it shall owe the City $0.10 per available seat in the vehicle(s) being utilized for transportation. The minimum charge based on the rate in the above shall be $2.00.
(f) Hotel/Motel: Permittee shall pay a Permit Fee for the privilege of operating its services at
the Airport. The Permit Fee shall be composed of (1) a per vehicle charge of $360.00 for each vehicle in the Permittee’s fleet and (2) a charge of $10.00 per room located at the Hotel(s)/Motel(s) being serviced by the Courtesy Vehicles. The maximum Permit Fee shall be:
(i) $3,600.00 for Hotels/Motels located within a radius of two (2) miles or less from
the west curbside of the terminal; (ii) $2,400.00 for Hotels/Motels located within a radius of more than two (2) miles
but less than a five (5) mile radius from the west curbside; and (iii) $600.00 for Hotels/Motels located a radius of five (5) miles or more from the
west curbside of the Airport.
Non-hotel/motel shuttle operators that service hotels and motels shall pay all applicable fees due from hotel/motel owned Permittees. The Permit Fees for a Hotel/Motel Permit are nontransferable and will not be prorated Each Hotel/Motel Permit holder company is required to pay the Hotel/Motel Permit Fee for each hotel/motel that it adds during the year. A Hotel/Motel Permit shall not be used to operate long-term/off- airport parking. Permittee must obtain a separate Off-Airport Parking Permit in order to serve as a long-term/off-airport parking operator.
7. Renewal Fee: There is a $20.00 renewal application fee for each Permittee that must be paid each year.
8. Late Fees: Any amount due or coming due pursuant to this Permit not paid within five (5) days of the due date is subject to a late payment penalty calculated at the rate of ten percent (10%) per month (or fraction thereof) of the unpaid balance until paid. The late payments received by the City shall be determined by the United States Postal Service cancellation date on the envelope transmitting the payment or otherwise, if presented in person, on the date that the payment was stamped as received. Unpaid balances will result in deactivation of vehicle transponders and revocation of permit until such time as accounts are brought current.
9. Report(s)/Payment(s): All Local Shared-Ride, Off-Airport Parking and Charter permit holders
shall complete and include with its payments the Airport Fee Computation Sheet (attached hereto as Exhibit E and incorporated herein by reference). Within fifteen (15) days after the end of each calendar month, Permittee shall furnish a report of its Gross Receipts, Shuttle Ticket Fee and/or Parking Fee and Ridership for the previous month to the Aviation General Manager. Permittee shall include a chec