Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Graduation Outfits
- 1. Graduation Outfits: From Day to Night by Faye Waterfield Sunday, 26 May 2013 Graduation Day For many of us graduation day is looming and I know Im not the only one that has gone into a blind panic whilst considering what to wear. With such a strict dress code theres a serious danger of playing it too safe, but- believe it or not- you can still look smart without being dull! Take a look at my pick of the best high-street items for some graduation inspiration Shifting Traditions You can't go wrong with a little shift dress; it's smart, flattering and incredibly easy to style. Try one with a splash of colour or detailed embellishment for a touch of glamour.
- 2. Pretty Midi Midi dresses are bang on trend this Summer and perfect for this sort of occasion. Heels are a must with this dress shape, but the trick is to keep it simple; go for minimal accessories and let the dress do the talking.
- 3. Suit Up Dresses not your thing? Then why not try a trouser suit. Keep it simple or go bold in a bright, printed number; either way there are plenty of high-street options. Just remember to plan around your graduation gown; you may not be able to wear a jacket underneath so make sure you're comfortable without one.
- 4. Graduation Ball Now for the fun part! With no strict dress code, the grad ball is all about letting your hair down, so whether you choose a little bodycon number or go for all out glamour in a full-length gown, make sure you wear something that makes you feel fabulous! Take a look at my pick of the best high-street dresses for some inspiration Prom Queen The prom dress is an effortless and flattering choice, and with so many different styles on the high street, you don't have to go for a girly pink number. Add a boxy knuckle clutch bag and some chunky heels to toughen up this versatile look!
- 5. Bodycon Not for the faint-hearted, the bodycon dress only works if it really is bodycon. Try simple accessories and monochrome colours to keep it sophisticated.
- 6. Maximum Glamour The maxi dress is a real show stopper. Dress up with some killer heels or down with a pair of cool flatform sandals and prepare to turn some heads!
- 7. Nineteen Twenties Nude We perhaps have Baz Lurhmann's glamorous adaptation of The Great Gatsby to thank for this look. 1920s-style dresses are ubiquitous this season and are perfect for the graduation ball. Team the muted colours with a bright coral lipstick and you're good to go!