Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Gq prelims
- 1. QUIZZINEThe B.M.S.C.E Quiz clubpresents
The First Ever
All Girls Quiz
By PK and Nishanth
2. 3. 1.________is a term for an altercation, typically involving scratching, slapping, hair-pulling, and shirt-shredding as opposed to punching orwrestling. It refers to any "vociferous fight."It can also be used to describe two human beings insulting each other verbally or being otherwise nasty to each other. ________ are different from other kinds of fights because they usually involve competition between two or more women, usually over men.
The appeal of a _______ was facetiously explained by Jerry Seinfeld, as "Men think if women are grabbing and clawing at each other, there's a chance they might somehow, you know... Kiss
4. 2. X was a Mauritian-born Indian model and actress. She held the titles of Miss Mauritius World 1993 and Miss Mauritius Universe 1994.She was best known for her advertisements of the 1990s, and for her involvement in the so-called Metro Manila Film Festival scam of 1994. X appeared in some Bollywood movies like YehKaisiMohabbat (2002)and has also done music videos including of DalerMehndi's "Boom Boom. She was found hanging from the ceiling fan in her apartment on June 25, 2010 at her Bandra residence in Mumbai. X?
5. 3. Most ____ ______ are made of nitrocellulose dissolved in a solvent (e.g. butyl acetate or ethyl acetate) and either left clear or colored with various pigments. Basic components included are: film forming agents, resins and plasticizers, solvents, and coloring agents. Adhesive polymers ensure the nitrocellulose adheres to the surface. Plasticizers are chemicals that link between polymer chains.
Brief description of what?
6. 4. Connect:
7. **5. What exactly is'Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
8. 6. Created by William Moulton Marston, Xbased on the Amazons of Greek mythology, was an American as a "distinctly feminist role model whose mission was to bring the Amazon ideals of love, peace, and sexual equality to a world torn by the hatred of men. Created during World War II, the character was initially depicted fighting the Axis military forces, as well as an assortment of supervillains. In later decades, some writers maintained the World War II setting, while others updated the series to reflect the present day. X was named the twentieth greatest comic book character by Empire magazine. X?
9. 7. In the history ofKarnataka, the name of late X occupies a prominent place in the field of philanthropy. The Maharaja ofMysorehonored him with the title of Raja KaryaPrasaktha in 1946. He had foreseen the urgent need for high quality technical education in India even before its independence.
After the death of X, his son took over the reigns. Under his guidance the institution grew. He was also instrumental in initiating International Collaborative programmes such as cross-cultural programmes and training foreign students under International Co-operation Division (ICD). Id X.
10. 8. Who was the winner of Rahul ka Swayamvar and is the present wife of RahulMahajan??
11. 9. A popular beverage gets its name from a Greek athlete in classical times who was reputed to have had phenomenal strength. He was said to have supported the roof of a collapsing building in which the mathematician, Pythogoras, was teaching, thus saving his life. Name the athlete/beverage.
12. **10. Id the singer.
13. 11. This orange flavouredliquer is made from dried orange peel from the Dutch West Indies. It is generally BLUE or orange in colour. Name it.
14. 12. X is a Latin word and the opposite of dexter. It developed its modern definition (threatening evil, harm or trouble; ominous) because the ancient Romans believed that omens observed on the ______ were regarded as an indication of misfortune. X?
15. 13. Most Glamorous Male:HrithikRoshan
Most Glamorous Female:Priyanka Chopra
Best Supporting Appearance:KarishmaKapoor
Best Debut Male:HimeshReshammiya
Best Debut Female:Mira Nair
Best Rapid Fire - Male:Shahrukh Khan
Best Rapid Fire - Female:KareenaKapoor
Lifetime Achievement Award: Shahrukh Khan
What are we talking about?
16. 14._______ ______is a sphericalchocolatesweet made byItalianchocolatier _______, the producer ofTic Tacand Nutella. Thechocolatesconsist of a whole roastedhazelnutencased in a thinwafershell filled with hazelnut cream and covered in milk chocolate and chopped hazelnuts and walnuts. The sweets each contain 69 calories, and are individually packaged inside a gold-coloured wrapper._______actually comes from French and means rock.
17. **15. Palindromes are words that can be read the same way in either direction.
Example : Malayalam
What do we call words that spells a different word in the back ward direction??
Example : stressed/desserts , was/saw,lived/devil
18. 16. Which movie?
19. 17. X : With the help of strong will, a lack of impathy, a lil alcohol and extremely distasteful & bad timing...I became George Bush over night.
X : I wrote a song for Y that's so beautiful and I want her to have it. If she won't take it then I'll perform it for her. She had nothing to do with my issues with award shows. She had no idea what hit her. She's justalil girl with dreams like the rest of us.
Id X and Y.
20. 18. Id!
21. 19. The term sometimes refers to a form of mockery in which the mocker exaggerates the other person's characteristics; pretending to take on his or her attitudes, etc., in order to make them look funny. Or it may be used to refer to a ruse where a person is led to believe something is true that is not (usually a fairly unbelievable story) for the purpose of ridicule of the subject.
The phrase is in common usage throughout British society, employed by headline writers in broadsheet gazettes and tabloids as well as colloquially.
22. **20. Connect
23. 21. Id the artist!
24. 22. Connect with a specific event.
25. 23, 24 and 25 : Videos