General Information 12345 Geographical Position 12345 Places of Interest 12345 Famous People 12345...
Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of General Information 12345 Geographical Position 12345 Places of Interest 12345 Famous People 12345...
General Information12345Geographical Position12345Places of Interest12345Famous People12345Political System12345
General InformationWho gave London its first name?
1) the Egyptians2) the Greeks3) the Romans
General InformationWhich birds, according to legend, protect the Tower of London?
1) pigeons2) ravens3) swans
General InformationWhy will 2012 be a special year for London?
The city will be hosting the Olympic Games.It's the city's 2000th anniversary.There will be an eclipse of the sun.
General InformationWhere are the Crown Jewels kept?
1) Buckingham Palace2) The Tower of London3) The Bank of England
General InformationWhat's the popular name for the underground system in London?
1) the Tunnel2) the Channel3) the Tube
Geographical PositionWhat is the western coast of the British Isles washed by?
1) By the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Okhotsk2) By the Arctic Ocean and the White Sea3) By the Atlantic Ocean and the Irish Sea
Geographical PositionWhat is the eastern coast of the British Isles washed by?
1) By the North Sea2) By the Celtic Sea3) By the Irish Sea
Geographical PositionWhat channel lies between Britain and the continent of Europe?
The English channel The North channel 3) St. Georges channel
Geographical PositionWhat are the largest islands of the Britain Isles?
1) The Channel Islands2) Great Britain and Ireland3) The Hebrides
Geographical PositionWhich river runs through London?
1) the Thames2) the Severn3) the Seine
Places of InterestWho founded the Tower of London?
1) Charles I2) William I3) Henry VIII
Which museum is situated at 221B Baker Street?
1) Tate Modern2) Madam Tussaud's3) Sherlock Holmes MuseumPlaces of Interest
Places of InterestWhich bridge over the Thames was pulled down in 1970 and transported, piece by piece, to Arizona in the United States?
1) London Bridge2) Tower Bridge3) Westminster Bridge
Places of InterestWhat is London home of the Queen?
1) The Tower2) Buckingham Palace3) Westminster Palace
Places of InterestWhat is there in the center of Trafalgar Square?
1) Big Ben2) Main Post office3) Nelsons Column
Famous PeopleWho said 'When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life'?
1) Charles Dickens2) William Shakespeare3) Samuel Johnson
Famous PeopleWhich former London resident has been voted 'the greatest Briton of all time'?
1) Sir Winston Churchill2) Charles Darwin3) John Lennon
Famous PeopleWhere was Charlie Chaplin born?
1) In Cardiff2) In Edinburgh3) In London
Famous PeopleWhat was John Constable famous for?
1) For his landscapes 2) For his portraits 3) For his seascapes
Famous PeopleWho was the farther of the historical novel in the world literature?
1) Charles Dickens 2) Walter Scott3) Jonathan Swift
Political SystemWho is the head of Great Britain?
1) The Prime Minister 2) The Queen 3) The President
Political SystemWho does the real power in Britain belong to?
To the QueenTo the British Parliament To the Prime Minister
Political SystemWhat are the Houses of the British Parliament?
The House of the Queen and The House of the Prime MinisterThe House of Common People and The House of the QueenThe House of Lords and The House of Commons
Political SystemWhere are laws made in Great Britain?
In Westminster Abbey In Buckingham PalaceIn Westminster Palace
Political SystemWho heads the government of Great Britain?
The Prime Minister The Queen The Lord Chancellor Current Prime Minister David Cameron was appointed on 11 May 2010