Fmp pitch t3

So what is Blockbuster Mayhem 2k14? Blockbuster Mayhem 2k14 is a game set in the future, in the year 2205, and the world is in a state of piece. Until an un-identified shuttle lands in the streets of New York, and a mysterious character approaches from the smoke and rubble, this is where we meet the protagonist of the story. He is an extra-terrestrial, which looks strangely like an ordinary humanoid on the planet earth. Although his mission is not to bring danger to the planet, he brings news of advanced future warfare that took place around 2 light years away. He has been travelling for around 4 years, looking for a planet to call home after he was forced to leave his home planet, and he is convinced that he is the last survivor of his race. It is now his job to become the best servant of the human race as possible, as the race has given him a new sense of life. He has pledged his life to removing a small, but deadly force of criminals from the face of the earth and make sure the forces of earth do not journey down the road to war and chaos, just like his home planet. You will become an undercover cop, and complete missions given by detectives and the government. You can customize your characters, appearance, weapons, armour, abilities and vehicles. Other Game Features - Multiplayer - Co-op - Mini Games The graphics and gameplay of the game should like crysis, I really enjoyed crysis and would like to use as gameplay inspiration due to the wide range of gameplay styles you can do. Stealth through levels, guns blazing and other methods. This game is a good inspiration for me and has helped me generate ideas for both my character design and gameplay features.

description

Transcript of Fmp pitch t3

Page 1: Fmp pitch t3

So what is Blockbuster Mayhem 2k14?

Blockbuster Mayhem 2k14 is a game set in the future, in the year 2205, and the world is in a state of piece. Until an un-identified shuttle lands in the streets of New York, and a mysterious character approaches from the smoke and rubble, this is where we meet the protagonist of the story.

He is an extra-terrestrial, which looks strangely like an ordinary humanoid on the planet earth. Although his mission is not to bring danger to the planet, he brings news of advanced future warfare that took place around 2 light years away. He has been travelling for around 4 years, looking for a planet to call home after he was forced to leave his home planet, and he is convinced that he is the last survivor of his race.

It is now his job to become the best servant of the human race as possible, as the race has given him a new sense of life. He has pledged his life to removing a small, but deadly force of criminals from the face of the earth and make sure the forces of earth do not journey down the road to war and chaos, just like his home planet.

You will become an undercover cop, and complete missions given by detectives and the government.

You can customize your characters, appearance, weapons, armour, abilities and vehicles.

Other Game Features

- Multiplayer

- Co-op

- Mini Games

The graphics and gameplay of the game should like crysis, I really enjoyed crysis and would like to use as gameplay inspiration due to the wide range of gameplay styles you can do. Stealth through levels, guns blazing and other methods. This game is a good inspiration for me and has helped me generate ideas for both my character design and gameplay features.

Page 2: Fmp pitch t3

Target Audience

My target Audience for this game is based on the age group, 16+.

I have chosen this target audience as it allows me to apply the desired content without criticism that it has been exposed to an under aged age group for the game.

My target audience has a high percentage of gamers, and the age group as a whole tends to have an open mind about things they have never experienced before, or are generally happy to give there feedback from their own personal experiences from my FMP topic.

Page 3: Fmp pitch t3

FMP Research

Character Design

Hell boy is a character that my fmp design is strongly based around. The character that I have been commissioned to design is a good fit to be tied in with this character. The design of the character is not fully based on this character; there are also other images of characters that I have taken

Inspiration for minimal design add-ons

As anime and manga is one of my favourite art forms in the character design aspect of things, I wanted to tie in some creative anime and manga design features, whether it’s a key factor of the design, or just a subtle add on.

I have chosen this design for inspiration for my fmp as it has a wide range of design features that I can take and add to my fmp character design.

I also like the anime it was taken from and give massive credit to the art designers in this anime, as they show a lot of detail to observe.

This image represents what I would like the home planet of my character to look like if the game was made. The character had to abandon his home to planet due to chaotic future warfare, which eventually took it’s toll on the planet. Pollution increased everywhere, cities burned due to riots, animals died due to scavengers hunting for food. Until eventually there was nothing left to take, and nothing to destroy, apart from the planet itself.

Page 4: Fmp pitch t3

Charcoal Studies

Here are some charcoal studies that will strongly influence my final FMP study as I have chosen to make a A3 charcoal study of my character.

Here are two charcoal studies of hell boy, the character hell boy has strongly influenced my design for the FMP character.

The other reason why I chosen to finish off my final major project with a charcoal study is because out of all the art techniques that I have used in college, I enjoyed this certain method the most, and I thought it looked like one of my best pieces of work. It was also one of my favourite to work on and I thought it was finished to a good standard.

I will show my work on a later page, the work will include a range of sketched out characters, which could be included in the final version of the game.

Page 5: Fmp pitch t3

Inspiration drawings

Here are some drawings that I sketched out in my book to scan in for my FMP, the sketches will help me generate images for the characters of the game, as well as help me which characters will tie into the look of the story best.

I have created sketches for characters in the mini game feature of the game.

Character design/clothing/facial features.