Five SEO Mistakes to Avoid
Embed Size (px)
Now that you understand the importance of search engine optimization and are implementing a strategy of your own, are you falling into some of the common pitfalls of SEO? This webinar will identify 5 common SEO mistakes including aspects of keyword strategy, on-page SEO elements, and content optimization - and how to remedy them.Presented by Kasi Gajtkowski of Hall Web Services
Transcript of Five SEO Mistakes to Avoid
- 5 SEO Mistakes to Avoid Hall Web Services
- Who We Are Kasi Gajtkowski Organic Search Manager [email_address]
- Hall Web Services
- 11 Years in Business
- Over 80 Search Marketing Clients
- 98% of Customers "Very Satisfied"
- Got Questions?
- Use GoToWebinar Chat or Ask a Question
- Twitter with #Vision tag
- About You:
- You understand what SEO is and why it's important for your website
- You've got an idea of what SEO best practices are
- You've been thinking about your website's SEO strategy or
- have implemented one
- 5 common SEO pitfalls and how to avoid/fix them
- SEO: Science & Art
- Apply Best Practices
- Test your methods
- Be Creative
- Add some finesse
- How did you validate your keywords?
- - Keyword Tools
- - Manual Research
- Are people actually searching for those words?
- Too competitive? (you will not be #1 for software)
- Not a good bet
- Title tags unique for each page?
- How are you using h1 tags?
- Meta descriptions unique for each
- page and contain keywords?
- It's all about using keywords in those on page elements lose the filler!
- Mistake #3: Not using your keywords in your content. Your keywords must be in your web copy!
- You can't fool the search engines
- May need to tweak or rewrite copy to accommodate keywords
- Should sound natural to your readers
- Keyword Density:
- 2-4% for your targeted keywords
- But really, they just need to be IN the copy of the page!
- No longer an online brochure
- Your competitors are changing all the time
- Keep 'em coming back visitors & spiders
- Blogs are an easy way to do this
- Mistake #5: Focusing on rankings rather than conversions. * http://www.emarketer.com/Article.aspx?R=1007479 eMarketer's 2010 Digital Marketing Outlook report* : only 9.4% of senior marketers named conversion & ROI as the most important metric
- What good is it to be #1 if you're not getting your desired outcome?
- What are your goals?
- What are your user conversion strategies?
- Newsletter sign ups
- Contact Us
- Whitepaper downloads
- Webinar sign-ups
- Blog Subscribers
- Re-cap Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/5-0_og/1304841776/
- Do the keyword research
- Follow best practices
- Use keywords in your content
- Update your site regularly
- Think about the end results goals (interactions)!
- Weekly Webinars
- Next week:
- Amanda Creating a Social Media Plan for Your Business
- Two Weeks:
- Alayna An Introduction to Joomla
- Learn More! Web Vision Blog - http://www.hallme.com/blog Webinars http:// www.hallme.com /webinars Follow Hall on Twitter - @ Hall_Web Call us! 1-877-425-5932 (HALL-WEB) Email me: [email_address] QUESTIONS?