Facebook Insights 101
Embed Size (px)
There’s a ton of data that Facebook Insights delivers which can be overwhelming when reporting on a pages success. This presentation focuses on some of the most important metrics, reviews community sentiment analysis, and provides you with a basic dashboard reporting layout.
Transcript of Facebook Insights 101
- FACEBOOK INSIGHTS 101
- CONTENT Theres a ton of data that Facebook Insights delivers which can be overwhelming when reporting on a pages success. This presentation focuses on some of the most important metrics, reviews community sentiment analysis, and provides you with a basic dashboard reporting layout. To take it to the next level we suggest you start exploring post and page exports. Weve updated this presentation to include the latest Facebook insights update on 10/10/13.
- ACCESSING INSIGHTS
- Click Show to display the full admin panel. Then click on the Insights section to access Facebook Insights.
- BENCHMARKING KEY METRICS
- INSIGHTS > OVERVIEW TIP: Set yourself targets and benchmarks comparing your results to above average and below average periods. Use this data to help drive decisions about content development. Page Likes (measuring fan growth) , Post Reach (how often posts have been seen) , and Engagement (likes, comments, shares and posts clicks) can help to determine your posts performance on Facebook.
- UNDERSTAND YOUR AUDIENCE
- INSIGHTS > PEOPLE TIP: Media drivers signicantly inuence your fan prole. This needs to match your brands target audience. Facebook delivers a breakdown of a brand pages target audience. This section also provides additional information on the demographic of people who saw and engage with your posts. This data can give you a better understanding of what your primary demographic looks like and which of them engage with your content. From here, admins can review their total fanbase to ensure that their content is right for their intended target audience.
- FAN GROWTH
- INSIGHTS > LIKES Facebook provides you with a view of total fan growth over time and daily fan growth. TIP: Review fan growth, content posted, and media spend to see how your community is impacted.
- ANALYSING FACEBOOK CONTENT
- INSIGHTS > POSTS TIP: Consider post types, calls to action, and copy when reviewing all content against reach and engagement. Reviewing post performance is a great way to improve future content on a Facebook page. Facebook Insights provides you with a dashboard to view all your top reaching posts and your most engaging posts. In addition, the posts section provides you with information on when your fans are online to help pages reach a wider number of people.
- ANALYSING COMMUNITY SENTIMENT
- MANUAL PROCESS OF REVIEWING FAN FEEDBACK Positive: 80% Positively engaged on content published to the page Excitement from fans on the campaigns and events Neutral: 15% Fans posted several questions about the recently announced product Reviewing comments and messages from fans provides a Facebook page with an overview of how the community is responding to content. Weighting consumer sentiment is a great way to get a full view of the good, the bad, and the neutral (see example above). Negative: 5% A few complaints were posted from fans concerning product ranges and variety TIP: Dene positive, neutral, and negative posts so ongoing analysis is comparative.
- BUILDING A REPORTING DASHBOARD
- Building a custom dashboard to present results is a good way to share your Facebook Insights within a company. It serves as a quick and easy view of results and what is recommended moving forward. TIP: Dene your reporting period and be consistent to allow for accurate comparisons. Consider monthly or quarterly reports.
- BASIC REPORT DASHBOARD LAYOUT Community Sentiment 15% Average Engagement/Reach Rate Likes 5% Positive Neutral Negative 80% RESULTS Provides a top line description of results pulled from metrics measured for the report date range. Engagement Reach 1,064 (+1.5% ) 10 (+1% ) 319 (+9% ) Compared to previous report RECOMMENDATIONS Gives an overview of next steps and based on the results.
- THANK YOU DOWNLOAD THIS PRESENTATION SLIDESHARE.COM/PUSHERAGENCY follow us @pushersocial
- CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT US ON +61 2 9356 1500 email@example.com Pusher Sydney Pusher Brisbane Top Floor 63 William St East Sydney NSW 2010 Top Floor 22 Ross St Newstead QLD 4102