FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 1 e-Beams Systems Update Linac Injector Undulator Production MMF...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 1 e-Beams Systems Update Linac Injector Undulator Production MMF...
- Slide 1
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 1 e-Beams Systems Update Linac Injector Undulator Production MMF commissioning ARR David Schultz
- Slide 2
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 2 LCLS Diagnostics and Controls Physicist Joe Frisch Joining Paul Emma on the LCLS Physics and Commissioning Team Brings extensive experience with diagnostics, RFBPMs, bunch length monitors, timing systems, laser systems,
- Slide 3
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 3 2006 Installation BC1 BLM LX L1 Ins/SAB Wall Laser stopper Sector 20 Sector 21
- Slide 4
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 4 Linac Status Downtime installation work is underway Removal of accelerator structures is done. Next few weeks - installing Wall region components (this week) L1 and LX accelerator regions (this week) BC1 supports (next week) Insertion region installation 11/6 (week 12) Table due 10/16 BLM region installation 11/6 (week 12)
- Slide 5
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 5 Linac Accelerator Section Removal Before After Making room for the Insertion, L-1 and L-X regions
- Slide 6
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 6 The X-band accelerator section Klystron, modulator being power tested prior to installation.
- Slide 7
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 7 Inj/Linac quad magnets ready for installation
- Slide 8
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 8 Diagnostic devices ready to install. Wire scanners and profile monitors
- Slide 9
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 9 Linac Downtime Issues BPM feed-through welding, many leak. Leak at ceramic, need UHV QC before welding Late components: BC1 Instrument package BLM 11 (BLM 12 will be in) Toroids (in several locations) Vacuum chambers in insertion region. Spool pieces are being fabricated to be installed temporarily. Time will be needed to install these components as they become available.
- Slide 10
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 10 LCLS Insertion region Critical vacuum chambers which may be late. Linac integrity needed for ESA program in Jan. Linac beam LCLS Injection
- Slide 11
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 11 Injector Installation Status Injector installation has taken second priority to Linac installation. Injector vault: Floor and cable plant installed Injector beamline: Accelerator structures, L0a ready, L0b to final bake RF waveguide needs to go through bake Gun is in hot test, RF on 10/5 2 nd gun is in brazing then final cold-test, final braze. Support stands are in the vault ready except for the GTL table
- Slide 12
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 12 The LCLS Drive Laser Drive Laser installed, operating LSS installed in laser room Now working on temporal shaping, Streak camera Cross correlator
- Slide 13
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 13 The Injector Vault Cable plant, vault ready for beamline components.
- Slide 14
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 14 L0A on the MMF CMM
- Slide 15
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 15 The LCLS photocathode electron gun
- Slide 16
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 16 Injector Installation Issues Water system needs to be installed, installation reqs. out, BPM feed-through welding, toroids Late: The GTL stand released to purchasing. Estimate it will be here 11/16 for installation 11/20. Laser table installation begins 11/27 The Gun will be ready by then, needed later. GTL is late, now moving to machining. (next slide) Working to advance the schedule. What is competing? What can be sent out? Critical path.
- Slide 17
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 17 Gun-to-Linac area Gun Laser table Spectrometer L0a GTL uv
- Slide 18
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 18 Controls Magnet power supplies, vacuum controls, installed in racks and tested. Racks now being installed. Ethernet backbone to the Computer Center installed and connected. Wire scanners controls tested. Linac cable plant phase 2 installation is underway. Coordinating hardware installation schedule now with Controls checkout.
- Slide 19
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 19 Magnets power racks assembled, tested, prior to installation
- Slide 20
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 20 Vacuum system racks assembled, tested, prior to installation
- Slide 21
- FAC, 10/12/06 D. Schultz 21 Controls - PPS Personnel Protection System is in the review process with the SLAC RSC. PLC design conditionally approved! The Committee wants to see the certification procedure. Beam loss and shielding design approved. Beam Containment System, LCLS FDR 10/6, RSC review 10/12.
- Slide 22