Exam section a 2014
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Exam section a 2014
- G325: Critical Perspectives in Media A2 Media Studies
- Section A: Theoretical Evaluation of Production You are required to answer two compulsory questions no choice. Question 1(a) requires you to describe and evaluate your skills development over the course of your production work, from Foundation Portfolio to Advanced Portfolio. The focus of this evaluation must be on skills development, and the question will require you to adapt this to one or two specific production practices
- Section A: Theoretical Evaluation of Production The list of practices to which questions will relate is as follows:- o DigitalTechnology o Creativity o Research & Planning o Post-Production o Using Conventions from real media texts In your exam, questions will be posed using one or two of these categories!!
- Q1A in a nutshell Directly asks you to evaluate how your media production skills have developed progressively from AS toA2 Critical reflection on creative processes and decision making in the context of a range of productions and progress made from AS toA2.
- Past Examples of Question 1A Read over the handout. Identify Question 1A What topic have come up? What has not come up recently!
- Section A: Theoretical Evaluation of Production Question 1(b) requires you to select one production and evaluate it in relation to a media concept. The list of concepts to which questions will relate is as follows:- o Genre o Narrative o Representation o Audience o Media Language In your exam, questions will be set using one of these concepts only!!
- Past Examples of Question 1B Read over the handout. Identify Question 1B What topic have come up? What has not come up recently!
- Q1B in a nutshell This question requires a more distanced approach a textual analysis of one production outcome as a media text to demonstrate the ability to apply a theoretical concept to the text.
- Jan 2010 R&P / Representation
- June 2010
- The Mark Scheme
- Question 1A Level One
- Question 1A Level Two
- Question 1A Level Three
- Question 1A Level Four
- Question 1B Level One
- Question 1B Level Two
- Question 1B Level Three
- Question 1B Level Four
- Model Answers Now read through the Model answers provided Using the highlighter provided highlight (in different colours) examples of Explanation/Analysis/Argument Examples Terminology Write a check list of 10 -15 thing you will need to do when writing your own answers in order to get a LevelThree or Four. Use both the model answers and Mark scheme to help you create your list
- Model Answers Example One Explain how your skills in the creative use of digital technology developed over time Mark 20/25 80% ExampleTwo Explain how your skills in the creative use of digital technology developed over time Mark 18/25 72% ExampleThree Describe a range of creative decision that you made in post-production and how these decision's made a difference to the final outcome Mark 14/25 56%
- Lets start small. Homework task Fill in a different sheet for each production you have done. You should have at least 3 (prelim, thriller, music video, website, digipack, magazine advert)
- This should not be too hard- include hardware (cameras, phones for pictures/audio, computers and anything else you used) software (on your computer) and online programs, such as blogger, youtube etc. This is a difficult question and one that does not have a correct answer as such, but ought to give you food for thought. Start with the genre and type (thriller and film opening) Then list the conventions you had to include in order for it to be a successful product. Repeat this process for the other productions (itll be harder for the prelim as there was no set genre or form but there were some things you had to include)