Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Everyday Discipleship
- 1. Everyday Discipleship Mike Hayes Author, Googling God Associate Dir.Busted Halo Ministries
- What is a disciple?
- What keeps us from being a disciple?
- What can help us on the road to discipleship?
- Peter denies Jesus thrice
- Always seems to do the wrong thing
- Jesus calls him Satan
- Thomas doubts
- James and John ask selfish questions
- Mary Magdalene mistakes Jesus for the gardener!
4. Strange but true
- Discipleship is not based on The Disciples
- Discipleship is based on Christ
5. What is a disciple?
- What kind of attributes does a disciple have?
- We look to Jesus for a response
- If I, therefore, the master and teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash one another's feet. I have given you a model to follow, so that as I have done for you, you should also do.
- -John 13: 14-16
7. 8. Trinity
- God is beyond us (Father)
- God is WITH us (Son, Jesus)
- God is WITHIN us (Holy Spirit)
- GOD IS ALL THESE THINGS
- Rahner Infinite Horizon
- Fear Me at BustedHalo
- Hopelessness Elvira in Nicaragua
- Doubt Mother Teresa
- Failed Expectations Moses
- Sin being Americans
10. Chureca - Managua 11. Ignatian Examen
- Quiet space for 20 mins in presence of God.
- Thankfulness one moment
- Ask for asst. of Holy Spirit
- Review your day
- Heart to Heart with Jesus
- Make amends and stay thankful
- Our Father
12. What could help us become disciples?
- Prayer whatever type works for you.
- How to Pray on BustedHalo.com
- Lectio Divina
- MASS & Eucharist
- Being honest with ourselves in the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Ask questions bh cast
13. What are we called to be? 14. Continued
- In terms of choosing workwe need to ask ourselves
- Like to do.
- Like to read.
- Who do you like to spend time with?
- What makes you feel most alive.
- None are accidents
- Vocational Hard wiring
- If you could do ANYTHING tomorrow when you wake upwhat would that be?
- Checklist for zoning in:
- Justice Whats fair?
- Prudence Whats viable?Whats smart?Whats unrealistic?
- Temperance Whats not selfish?
- Fidelity remaining faithful to our present commitments.
- Self-Esteem appreciate your uniqueness
16. Spend some time in service to the poor
- In the neighborhood
- In the parish
- Outside your comfort zone
- Nicaragua story Maria Delores
17. Fully Embrace All We Serve
- Those closest to us
- Those distant from us
- All those who are hard to love