Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Employ ablekesslerpresentation
- 1. Signature Employment GrantKessler Foundation January 18, 2012 Megan Conway Thomas Conway Steven Brown EmployAbleA World Without Barriers
2. Steven Brown Megan Conway Thomas Conway Megan Conway 3. Megan Conway Megan Conway Thomas Conway Steven Brown 4. Need for: Megan Conway 5. Megan Conway
- Veterans with Traumatic Brain Injury
- Estimate 19% Veterans of Afghanistan and Iraq have TBI.
- TBI effects work-related skills such as communication, physical coordination and cognitive processing.
Other People with Disabilities Only 21% of working-age people with disabilities nationally and 3% of people with disabilities in Hawai i are employed.
- Employers want employees who can do the job.
- Often involves high level of communication and technological skills.
Population 500 anticipated users of Employable. 50 participants in pilot study of users with disabilities.Half will be Veterans with TBI. Participants 6. Megan Conway Virtual Employment Center: First of Its Kind Accessible Anonymous Interactive Multisensory Real-Time Virtual Skill Building Self-Directed Requires higher level of technology skills New venues for recruitment and training Employment driven by new technology 7. Overall Goal Develop and demonstrate a highly innovative and viable, model virtual employment orientation and support center. Objective One Develop Virtual Employment Center resulting in improved resources, tools and networking for persons with disabilities and employers. Thomas Conway Objective Two Demonstrate Virtual Employment Center resulting in increases in employment options, access and retention for people with disabilities . 8. Thomas Conway Activities Phase OneDevelopment and Implementation Phase TwoPilot and Demonstration
- 1. Assemble team
- Principal Investigators
- Project Director/Builder
- Content Specialists
- Graduate Assistant/Technology
- Administrative Assistant
- Advisory Board
- Beta Testing
2. Solicit Ideas from Multiple Stakeholders
- 2. Pilot Study
- 3. Build Site
- 3. Analysis and Evaluation
- 4. In-House Testing and Review
- 4. Dissemination of Findings
- 5. Preparation for Sustainability
- Major Components/Rooms
Thomas Conway Skill Builderenhancing employment skills Match Maker building connections between employees, employers and mentors Access Info supporting hiring and retention through information 10. Thomas Conway 11.
- Virtual Ability
- Alice Krueger, President
- Neil Jacobson, President
Steven Brown 12.
- Abilicorp follow-up
- Tool design
- Website Gateway
- Virtual Ability trainings and technical assistance
- Emerging adaptations
- Skill Transfer
- Virtual world to real world
- Technology Interface
- Users with visual impairments
- Users with limited technology access or skills
- Leveraging with CDS Projects
- Leveraging with Partners and Advisory Board
Steven Brown 14. Steven Brown Megan Conway Thomas Conway Steven Brown 15. Megan Conway Thomas Conway Steven Brown