Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Ellie part3
- 1. Evaluation Part 3
- 2. How did you use media technologies in the construction, research, planning and evaluation stages?
- 3. Section A-
- 4. Section A - Shutter Island inspiration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iaYLCiq5RM
- 5. Section A- Trailers used for inspiration Unfriended Smiley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q72LWqCx3pc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11yBPx-ymZA
- 6. Section B- how did you use new media for your construction? In order to create the effects on the trailer that we thought would be right we had to mess with the colours to make them darker. This is because the lighting was too light for what we wanted to achieve so we had to make these darker because the low key lighting would connote darkness and being scared.
- 7. Section B- As you can see from this screenshot from premier pro we had to include lots of FX on our clips because the clips were not as we wanted them. The things we changed were the lighting and the sound effects. Although we couldnt get the sound levels as well as we wanted them with the music some of the narrative wasnt very loud and it can make it very difficult to understand. But the lighting worked well and we were able to change it to make it seem more like a horror film.
- 8. Section B- Another thing that we really had to work on in order to create a horror trailer was the speed. This is because each clip had to be matched together to create a good flow. The speed of some clips was also quite slow and this didnt create the type of thing that we wanted. This meant we had a lot of playing around to do in order to create the right speed ratio. Especially clips for us to create the jump scare. Another thing was making the right timing for intertitles.
- 9. Section C- How did you use media technologies to evaluate your products? To evaluate my products I used the feedback given from our focus group screenings this was helpful because it was feedback given from people of a similar age so for our target age group being this age group we were able to connect to the audience and see exactly what they wanted from a horror trailer. This was also good for seeing what other people had included in their trailers and see what people liked from theirs to maybe adapt this into our own trailer. I also showed family members and asked what they thought. Older family members were able to give advice and this was helpful as I found I was able to see what was expected from different age groups. My Mum liked the jump scares and the music that we used, whereas my older sister liked the editing and the way we had put the clips together. Each person said something similar that they liked but my step-dad said that we could improve on some of the timing. This helped as it showed how each person looked for something different.