Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Eiffel tower
- 1. The Eiffel Tower
- 2. Introduction This magnificent monumentThe Eiffel Tower... built in 1887, in French theycall it La Tour Eiffel
- 3. Reason for it The reason for it, was to be On January 28, 1887shown for the World Exhibition the Eiffel Tower startedin 1889. It was to show modern being built.construction technology.
- 4. Who helped build? A man named GustaveEiffel designed this amazingarchitecture. Gustave hadsome help from EmileNouguier and MauriceKoechli. The mainarchitect was StephenSauvestre.
- 5. Interesting place Back in the days Paris was called Lutetia Parisiorum Paris is the Capital of France. Paris has its own Disney Land. Paris has the Louvre. The Louvre is one of the worlds largest museums. Paris is a World capital for shopping and fashion.
- 6. Whats so special? The Eiffel Tower has 12000 iron parts to it. The builders used around 7million nails. The Eiffel Tower symbolizes progression. It is a symbol to the French Resolution. Since the building was built more than 200,000,000people have set foot on the Eiffel Tower.
- 7. How? The Eiffel Tower wasoriginally made for theWorld Exhibition and wassuppose to be dismantledafter being showcased.
- 8. How? Nowadays the Eiffel Toweris used for radiotransmissions. It is also a landmark forParis tourism attraction.
- 9. Conclusion I find this building really fascinating and how the peoplewho helped built it, only took 2 years. I mean it took Noah120 years to build his ark. Gustave was a really talented manand I give him credit for designing the Eiffel Tower. It issuch an amazing design. One day I hope to travel France.Visit Paris, and say that Ive been to the Eiffel Tower andhave experienced the view. I also hope to say one day that Iwas one of those trillions tourist that have been on the EiffelTower. There is so much more history that I would love tolearn about. Especially the place that it is at. Another reasonfor me to visit Paris is to go shopping. Also, to experience theculture and speak what Mrs. Irwin taught me.