Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Driftmier Autoethnography
- 1. AutoethnographyEd Admin 558January 2013
- 2. Early Years. Just your typical farm boy
- 3. I am the youngest of 3 children, and the only boy,born to Steve and Tammie Driftmier. I cant thankthem enough for teaching me the importance offamily, religion, work ethic, & equality. I am theperson I am today because of these two amazingpeople!
- 4. Growing up wasalways a little bumpywith 2 oldersisters, but as much aswe fought with eachother while we wereyoung, our bond hasgrown strong and nowI cant imagine nothaving them in my life!
- 5. I love being their brother and the uncle to theirkids, and cant wait for them to be aunts to mine
- 6. FAMILYFamilies are the compass that guide us.They are the inspiration to reach greatheights, and our comfort when weoccasionally falter.-- Brad Henry
- 7. Jack & Bobbi SwisherGreat Grandpa MillerDarrell & Doris Driftmier
- 8. I have always been competitive
- 9. Which in turn has taught me theimportance of quality leadership
- 10. Life is alwayschanging, and onFeb 21st 2009, Imet the woman ofmy dreams, fell inlove, gotmarried, and
- 11. 4 years later, I get to live one of my lifegoals..TO BE A DAD!!!
- 12. So as I begin new journeys in life, I wantto say thank you to my family foralways being there!What a great foundation I have movingforward because of them
- 13. My passion for teaching has lead me tothe next step in my professional career.Becoming an administrator will allowme to share that passion with others"A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank...but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child." -- Forest Witcraft
- 14. Our world is changing, and schools areno exceptionARE WE READY TO HANDLE CHANGES?
- 15. It will be my job to continue to fightagainst. Childhood Obesity Poverty Achievement Gaps Funding issues Bullying And that is only a small sample of the issues in education
- 16. We have to lead by exampleEVERYWHERE if we want to truly seegreat changes in our world
- 17. ALL students can learn, we can no longer make excuses about. Socioeconomic Status Race Gender Sexual Orientation Class Status Home livesDIFFERENCE IS NOT A DEFICITWE MUST EMBRACE CHANGES THAT NEED TO BE MADE
- 18. The journey will not always beeasy, and we may all approachthings differently from time totime. But in the end as a futureadministrator I think we can allagree that we have to keep ourchildrens best interests inmind. I want children to feelsafe and welcome in my schooland I will do everything I can tomake that happen for myfuture children and othersalike.