Does Twitter Vine have a place in your advocacy program?
Embed Size (px)
If a picture is worth a thousand words what can you get for 6 seconds of video? A big impact according to Vine, the new app from Twitter. Brands like Alzheimer's Society, Nordstrom and General Electric think so too. So is it time for your group to start using Vine?
Transcript of Does Twitter Vine have a place in your advocacy program?
- What is Vine? Vine is a mobile app that allows users to share 6-second videos within the app. Can be shared externally to Twitter and Facebook or embedded on a blog or website. Vine was designed in a way for you to film short, allowing animation-like effect. Vines monthly active user base soared from 2% to nearly 8% of iPhone owners in the U.S. between January and April.* *According to the new Mary Meeker internet trend study
- Vine For Advocacy? Why Not? A unique opportunity to leverage the power of video and Twitter to promote their issues. Your cause and your advocates can use Vine to: o Promote organizational events. o Promote new initiatives and issue-based campaigns. o Capture activist testimonials about the organization and its work .
- Childrens Advocacy Day at The Capitol http://seenive.com/v/911326550861955072#.UbYTQkC1E1K
- The AlzheimerNS Team Provides Contact Info https://vine.co/v/bJEH1gE2pPi
- Volunteers Vine Charity to End Alzheimers http://seenive.com/tag/alzheimers
- The Diabetes UK Nonprofit Thanks Followers https://vine.co/v/b5tnVIVjt2M
- Nordstroms Talking Shirts http://seenive.com/v/936787602613362688#.UbYzsEC1E1J
- Developing Ideas For Vine "Like Tweets, the brevity of videos on Vine inspires creativity. - Mike Sippey , Twitter's VP of Product
- https://vine.co/v/bXJAmFLBaat and/or https://vine.co/v/b5PUVEEE9tn General Electric Gets Creative To Engage Followers
- American Airlines Thanks Customer Vine https://vine.co/v/bVzApMOzJp7
- Times 90 years of TIME's Person of the Year Vine https://vine.co/v/bvL9VLqIiF3
- Rolling Stones, Guess Whos On the Front Cover http://seenive.com/v/933739832587468800#.UbYoSkC1E1I
- Dunkin Donuts Using Vine Contest in New Campaign https://vine.co/v/bETAwdAJnzA We see Vine as an untapped resource that is in the beginning stages of its popularity. Our interest and inspiration to launch our official Vine account came from Dunkin Donuts guests. - Dunkin Donuts Representative
- How To Tell A Story With Vine Advocate for an issue. Personalize your cause. Thank advocates. Make a statement about your issue. Capture the progression of issues throughout the years. Be creative. Provide a sneak peek. Engage advocates.
- How to Use Vine Download and Create a Vine account o Sign-in using your Twitter account or email. Record a Vine o Tap on the screen to record. o A status bar at the top will show you much of the six-second length you have recorded. Sharing your Vine o Give it a caption and an optional location. o Choose what networks to share it with.
- Making Use of Vine For Your Advocacy Campaign Build into your social media team to create vine videos in real time. Make it part of your overall Twitter Strategy. Use a call to action. Tag other users. Engage your followers in conversation.
- https://vine.co/v/b3x03e9qmah RED(The Global Fund To Fight AIDS) Uses Vine To Raise Awareness
- https://vine.co/v/b3PQB3IvJme RED(The Global Fund To Fight AIDS) Uses Vine To Raise Awareness
- https://vine.co/v/bLZpU0aHEV1 RED(The Global Fund To Fight AIDS) Uses Vine To Raise Awareness
- https://vine.co/v/b39iiAYb5Kt RED(The Global Fund To Fight AIDS) Uses Vine To Raise Awareness
- Key Takeways Be Spontaneous! Make Emotional Connections. Give Your audience A Reason To Share. Use Teasers In Your Vine. Use Hashtags. Vine In Real Time. Amplify Your Brand/Organization.
- Places To Watch Videos On Vine, Even If You Dont Have The App: Seenive.com Vinething.co Vineroulette.com Vinesmap.com Allaroundthevines.com Vineszap.com Justvined.com Vpeeker.com To get more info on new Internet products, and breaking tech news, visit TechCrunch.com. "If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video is worth a million" - Napoleon Bonaparte