Digital agility 1172014
Embed Size (px)
For organisations that need to keep up with the velocity of change in their markets, customers and technology, Digital Agility is an end-to-end concept to market approach that enables you to deliver innovation faster and with less risk. Unlike traditional product development and delivery models, Digital Agility is a lean, insight driven technique that helps you become more nimble, innovative, and responsive.
Transcript of Digital agility 1172014
- DIGITAL AGILITY Corporate Agility in the Digital Age Michael Bromley National Head of Digital Strategy
- 2 DIGITAL SOLUTIONS SMS Digital Strategy DIGITAL AGILITY
- Digital Solutions1
- 4 Strategy Cloud/ Infrastructure Mobility Analytics Business Models Organisational Models Digital Marketing UX/CX eCommerce Social Media Enterprise Collaboration Technology and Tools DIGITAL SOLUTIONS THE CAPABILITIES
- Why Digital Agility?2 For organisations that need to keep up with the velocity of change in their markets, customers and technology, Digital Agility is an end-to-end concept to market approach that enables you to deliver innovation faster and with less risk. Unlike traditional product development and delivery models, Digital Agility is a lean, insight driven technique that helps you become more nimble, innovative, and responsive.
- 6 WHATS THE PROBLEM? 78% of respondents said achieving digital transformation will become critical to their organisations within the next two years. 63% said the pace of technology change in their organization is too slow. Digital Transformation Critical Not Critical Pace of Change Too Slow Ok 78% 63% Source: Embracing Digital Technology, a New Strategic Imperative 2013 study by MIT Sloan Management Review and Capgemini Consulting Respondents: 1559 executives and managers in a wide range of industries
- 7 The Key Driver for Digital Agility
- 8 The Key Driver for Digital Agility
- 9 The digital shift impacts every industry, every business and the entire organisation, not just IT! SHIFTING THE ENTERPRISE PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT TECHNICAL DELIVERY MARKETING FINANCE HUMAN RESOUCES OPERATIONS
- 10 The digital shift impacts every industry, every business and the entire organisation, not just IT! SHIFTING THE ENTERPRISE PROCESS METHODOLOGY ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE COMMUNICATION & COLLABORATION CUSTOMER INSIGHTS CORPORATE CULTURE & MINDSET
- Digital Agility3
- 12 DIGITAL AGILITY LEVERS GENERATE: RECURRING INNOVATION & IDEA GENERATION - DESIGN LABS/IDEA FACTORIES DEFINE: CONCEPT DEFINITION IDEA FACTORIES/LEAN CANVAS FABRICATE: RAPID PROTOTYPING - MVP DELIVER: ITERATIVE DELIVERY Designed to showcase early realisation of business value and drive early go/no go/pivot decisions TEST AND LEARN CULTURE Build, measure, learn, repeat can drive a fundamental shift in competitive differentiation THE RESULT A more nimble organisation ready to respond to its customers and out maneuver its competitors.
- 14 GENERATE IDEAS WITH IDEA FACTORIES Regular recurring sessions with cross-functional, and rotating, representatives from ALL relevant parts of the business. Purpose Generate ONE good idea/innovation to try immediately that delivers: Competitive advantage: should provide a unique competitive position in the marketplace. Business alignment: should be conceived around the key strategic focus of the enterprise and its goal/s. Customer insight: Knowing how your customers will benefit from your innovation is paramount. Execution: Identifying resources, processes, risks, partners, suppliers and the ecosystem in the market is equally important. Business value: Assessing the value (monetary, market size, etc.) of the innovation and how the idea will bring that value into the organization is a critical underlying factor in selecting which idea to pursue Generate Define Fabricate Deliver
- 15 DEFINE YOUR CONCEPT WITH A LEAN CANVAS ONE page description of the idea/innovation and its promise Generate Define Fabricate Deliver
- 16 FABRICATE A RAPID PROTOTYPE WITH AN MVP Initial business value showcased within 30 days with a go/no go/pivot decision point. MVP The initial delivery should be the minimum requirements needed to showcase the value proposition This is not a polished, perfect execution. It is, instead, a quick but working solution that provides a basis for the decision point for further development. It is likely, and acceptable, that this first iteration will end up changing over time. Minimum Viable Products nobody wants to use or buy Solutions hoping for a problem Minimum + Viable Good products to build and iterate Generate Define Fabricate Deliver
- 17 DELIVER YOUR IDEA ITERATIVELY Generate Define Fabricate Deliver Can attach to your existing delivery mechanism or replace it Iteration vs big bang Designed to showcase early realisation of business value Drive early go/no go/pivot decisions Reduce risk through small chunks of work Increase rate of stakeholder feedback loops
- 18 Part of your everyday operating rhythm Build MeasureLearn
- 19 BENEFITS DIGITAL AGILITY CAN DELIVER A simple & fast process that takes an idea from concept to market Reduced time and effort to identify, analyse and define requirements Clear and rapid like for like prioritisation and sequencing A lean single, prioritised, programmatic view of pipeline Transparency of whole of program status and flow Ability to react & respond quickly to shifts in requirements Improved leadership and a culture ready for innovation Ability to lead the market with new and innovative ideas
- 20 DIGITAL AGILITY Enterprise Innovation Lean Product Development Design Thinking Lean Startup Agile/Iterative Delivery Building High Performing Teams Change Management Big Analytics Customer Focused Service Design Adaptive Leadership THE CAPABILITIES
- 21 ENTERPRISE INNOVATION We've devised a model, and a workshop, for creating enterprise innovation through the concept of little innovation and "Idea Factories." Incorporating aspects of Lean Product Development, Design Thinking and Adaptive Leadership, we help create idea factories without adding huge overhead and the risk sometimes associated with innovation.
- 22 LEAN PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT We've developed 3 Lean Product Development Principles: Work on whats important ruthless prioritisation Concentrate the work focus your talent on the priorities Reuse knowledge dont reinvent the wheel Plugging these principles into your operating rhythm improves the pace of development without compromising quality.
- 23 DESIGN THINKING & SERVICE DESIGN We'll teach you to use the 5 step iterative process known as Design Thinking to take a new perspective. Using the process that designers use to approach & solve problems you will be better able to connect with and invigorate your ideation processes in order to take innovation to a higher level.
- 24 LEAN STARTUP We help shorten your product development cycles by adopting a combination of business- hypothesis-driven experimentation, iterative product releases, and "validated learning". We show you how to invest your time into iteratively building products or services to meet the needs of customers, reducing the market risks and sidestepping the need for large amounts of initial project funding and expensive product launches and failures.
- 25 AGILE/ITERATIVE DELIVERY We use Iterative Delivery and Rapid Prototyping that force efficiency and effectiveness. This helps drive early go/no go/ pivot decisions to showcase early realisation of business value.
- 26 BUILDING HIGH PERFORMING TEAMS With the velocity of change increasing every day youll need to re-think how you structure your organisation, your teams, and your thinking. High performing teams can deal with the pace of change and even thrive in the environment of uncertainty that is now commonplace. Well show you how to build a high performing team that gives you the best chance of continuous success over many generations of technology, products, and people.
- 27 CHANGE MANAGEMENT The idea is to consolidate and grow your current capabilities, skills and experience in the definition and development of "Digital Agility". We will help you through this fundamental, but highly embraceable, shift toward a leaner more innovative business.
- 28 BIG ANALYTICS We'll show you how a Test & Learn culture (measure, analyse, decide, repeat) can drive a fundamental shift in competitive differentiation.
- 29 CUSTOMER FOCUSED SERVICE DESIGN It all starts with the user. Building applications with users in mind isnt enough. Well help you build end to end value streams that map all the personas and touch-points and streamline all the interactions making your product or service more efficient.
- 30 ADAPTIVE LEADERSHIP Leadership in a high velocity world needs to come from a dynamic involving more than one rather than a chosen few. Specialised skills and experiences are needed at different times so it makes sense to cede leadership to the right people at the right time. True leaders are great followers too.
- Why SMS?4 We harness the thought leadership of over 1700 local and 1600 offshore people allowing us to blend rates and also flex as is required. Its all about SMS having a unique approach, the scale and the experience to deliver the Planning, Execution and Results.
- Interactive Sessions 5
- 34 INTERACTIVE SESSIONS Hiring for Agility: Building Sustainable High Performing Teams: In this 1 hour presentation we'll discuss how to identify high performing agile talent, what to look for, what to avoid and what traits make a good team member. We'll explore how we build and structure teams to give them the best opportunity to succeed. We'll also look at how we create a sustainable culture of high performance. Culture is a driving force behind performance, and people = culture. We will show how building a strong culture with strong people will contribute significantly to high performance. Innovation: Building a Culture of Sustainable Innovation This is a highly interactive 2 hour workshop. We will identify the difference between invention and innovation and why innovation is better. We explore how to create a culture where innovatio