Culinary Arts By Tishawn Harrison. Definition of Culinary Of, or pertaining to, or used, in cooking...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Culinary Arts By Tishawn Harrison. Definition of Culinary Of, or pertaining to, or used, in cooking...
- Slide 1
- Culinary Arts By Tishawn Harrison
- Slide 2
- Definition of Culinary Of, or pertaining to, or used, in cooking or the kitchen. http://www.dictionary.net/culinary http://www.dictionary.net/culinary
- Slide 3
- About Culinary Schools The Culinary Schools provide students to achieve their cooking skills and lets them be a full time chef in different states or colleges. Source: mybrain.tishawn (NOT A REAL WEBSITE)
- Slide 4
- Types of Cooking Baking Roasting Broiling Grilling Barbecuing Frying Deep-frying Pan-frying Stir-frying Boiling Simmering Steaming Sauting Microwaves Ovens http://www.members.tripod.com/homefood/typ.html
- Slide 5
- Culinary Degrees in Tampa, FL Associates AA in Baking & Pastry, AA in Culinary Arts, AA in Wine, Spirits & Beverage Management Bachelors BA in Culinary Management, BA in Food and Beverage Management Diploma Diploma in Baking & Pastry, Diploma in The Art of Cooking
- Slide 6
- Culinary Salary A fast food cook may earn like $8.00 an hour, while a restaurant owner earns much more if the business goes well. The actual money a cook and a top chef earns is like $30,000 or more a year. The lowest 10% earned less than $20,000 a year, while the top 10% earns over $60,000 a year. Your salary depends on what kind or what type of restaurant you work in and position are you holding. http://www.careertoolkits.com/culinary-arts/culinary-arts-salary.html
- Slide 7
- Culinary Scholarships Cooking is my passion and I need to make enough dough to go to a culinary arts school. Head chefs start off with $40,000 while a an experienced chef earns up to $60,000 or more yearly. Culinary includes baking and pastry, executive chef, catering and nutrition. http://www.thebagel.org/
- Slide 8
- Culinary Scholarships cont. Graduates of culinary arts schools work in restaurants, catering halls, country clubs, international hotels and other food service venues. Including the BMS Caf. Seasoned chefs earn top salaries, but a beginning restaurant cook may start with a salary of $22,000. Culinary arts scholarships pay for your education and you dont have to pay the money back http://www.thebagel.org/
- Slide 9
- Culinary Scholarships cont. Some organizations offering culinary arts scholarships include culinary arts schools, community groups, corporations, businesses, charitable foundations and professional organizations. Tips: Discuss culinary scholarships with your high school guidance counselor. Review internet resources. To win culinary arts scholarships, apply early to be positioned for success. Tips: Completely address all scholarship application requirements. Be efficient and well- prepared to stand head and shoulders above the other applicants. Explore local, national and international opportunities. Be open-minded and thorough when searching for culinary arts scholarships. http://www.thebagel.org/
- Slide 10
- FOOD SUCCESS!!! When I follow all those tips, and when I go to a culinary arts school, and I get paid, and I be an experienced chef, I am going to have my restaurant and everybody is going to enjoy my food. If they dont, dont worry about coming back. I call that FOOD SUCCESS!!!