Creative Commons Bizdev Scaling Commons Acia and Asia Commons
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Creative Commons Bizdev Scaling Commons Acia and Asia Commons
- 1. MakingCreative Commons Common in Asia
2. Jon PhillipsBusiness + Community Manager Creative Commons (SF) [email_address] 3. If you want to... then you need toASK ! Copy/Distribute Publicly Perform Publicly Display Build Upon Digitally Distribute 4. CC provides free licenses for content (creative works). 5. 6. Creative Commonslowersthe transaction cost associated withreuseof creative works (content)... 7. How to increaseCC license usage? 8. Lowerthe transaction cost forsupportingCreative Commons licensing and technologies 9. Build Strong RelationshipswithPeopleat DevelopedandEmergingOrganizations 10. Support community 11. Help others solve their problems... 12. 13. Do all the above given that:
- CC has limited $$$
- CC has limited personnel (me)
- I have limited time :)
14. The strategy is to prioritize... 15. Developed Groups
- Pick 5 best targets (with achievable goals)
- Create generalized open source tools
- Add experience gained to public collective memory( http://wiki.creativecommons.org )
- Publicize key events heavily
16. 17. Emerging Groups
- Developed groups influence
- Collective memory (wiki) is used (and added to)
- Interconnect when possible
- Empower to be the fast-movers they are
18. 19. Provide Solutions (Legal, Technical, Social) 20. http://creativecommons.org/projects/cczero 21. http://creativecommons.org/projects/ccplus 22. + 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. ...While CC doesn't have $$$ to catalyze, it has strong network, credibility, and on-line exposure... 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. How to actively increaseCC license usageglobally ? 43. Better Empower 40+ Creative CommonsProject Jurisdictions 44. 45. 46. Possibilities
- We continue the same path.
- CC HQ/I continues to support jurisdictions current endeavours.
- We figure out way to hire localized developers.
- Combination of all the above.
47. China could overtake the US as the country with the most internet users within two years, according to its government, which released figures showing that the nation's online population had increased to 137 million people in the last 12 months. http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2007/jan/25/china.digitalmedia 48. 12% of 1.6 BillionChinese People Online 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. Of course, need to decrease highcost of Internet transactions... 56. Need Good Research ofhow irregular access impacts transactions (business particularly) 57. Regardless...
- What is your jurisdictions top 5?
- Who should we talk to?
- How can I/we help?
58. 59. MakingCreative Commons Common in Asia