Creating A Mutually Beneficial Virtual Internship Program
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Creating A Mutually Beneficial Virtual Internship Program
- Creating a Mutually Beneficial Virtual Internship Program
- So, you want to develop a virtual internship program
But are you ready?
- To have a successful program, you need to have a few things in place
- A project management tool is essential. You may be able to use a free application.
- If you plan to expand your program over time, you might want to consider activeCollab
- Invest in a remote desktop software, such as CrossLoop
- How do you plan to communicate?
- Skype for Business is probably your best option
- Plan on having a regular weekly meeting, as well
- With a couple interns, use
Skype-to-Skype free calling
- As your program grows, you might want to consider Skype group chats
- Give an overview of important company news to help the interns feel involved
- Hold brainstorming sessions, when needed
- Allow each intern to give an update of projects for the week to help build a cohesive team
- Give kudos on specific accomplishments whenever possible!
- Allow time at the end for questions about the weeks assignments
- Virtual internships take both the right candidate and the right supervisor
- During interviews, be sure to ask candidates the right questions
- Give me an example of a time when you worked on a project successfully with little supervision
- Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and describe how you solved the situation