Concrete presentation(interior design student work)
Embed Size (px)
interior design student work
Transcript of Concrete presentation(interior design student work)
- By :- Akash Gidwani Bsc. Id 2nd sem.
- Elements Of Materials What Is Concrete? Characteristics of Good Concrete Types of Concrete Plain Cement Concrete Reinforced Cement Concrete Comparison Between R.C.C. and P.C.C. Making of Concrete Wall Thank You
- An artificial stone resulting from hardening of a mixture of a binding material, fine aggregate, coarse aggregate and water in suitable proportions is called concrete. When these ingredients are mixed in suitable proportions, they form an easily workable mix, known as plastic, wet or green concrete. Cement and Lime are generally used as binding materials, whereas sand, surkhi, cinder etc. are used as fine aggregates and crushed stones, gravel, broken bricks, slag, clinkers etc. are used as coarse aggregates in preparing different types of concrete.
- Crushing Strength Durability Impermeability Resistance to Abrasion Resistance to Fire Workability Shrinkage Economical Appearance
- The cement concrete in which no reinforcement is provided is called a plain cement concrete or mass cement concrete. This type of cement concrete is strong in taking compressive stresses but weak in taking tensile or shear stresses. Uses :- Used for foundation work Used for flooring of buildings
- Crushed Stone Gravel Broken Bricks
- The cement concrete in which reinforcement is provided for taking tensile or excessive compressive and shear stresses is called reinforced cement concrete (R.C.C.). Uses:- Used for construction of slabs, lintels, beams, columns and their footings, raft or mat foundations, precast or cast-in-situ concrete piles etc.
- The concrete while setting holds the surface of steel bars and thus the concrete is able to transmit to steel bars those stresses which it cannot resist itself. The co-efficient of linear expansion for concrete and steel are approximately equal.Therefore, internal stresses due to variation of temperature do not set up. The surface of steel is protected from corrosion by providing a cover of cement grout.
- Its constituents are easily available. It can be easily moulded to any desired shape. It is quite durable. It is impermeable to moisture. It is not liable to rot or decay. It does not develop cracks. It provides monolithic (without joint) construction of structural members. It provides good architectural appearance to the structure. The structural members can be made of any desired strength. It is economical in ultimate cost since its maintenance cost is practically nil.
- Its initial cost is high. It requires skilled supervision and workmanship. It involves additional cost of form-work. It is heavier than steel construction.
- BASIS P.C.C. R.C.C. 1. Reinforcement Not provided Provided 2. Durability Less as compared to r.c.c. More durable 3. Tensile or shear stress Not able to bear that Can bear all stress 4. Cost expense Its less costly Its initial cost is high 5. Labourers required Working can be done with normal workers Only skilled labourers are required 6. Uses Foundation and flooring of buildings Used most in seismic zones like earthquake prone areas etc.