Communication. Aims and Objectives of Todayâ€™s Lesson To
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Communication. Aims and Objectives of Todayâ€™s Lesson To
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- Aims and Objectives of Todays Lesson To
- Slide 3
- Communication Styles Examples: Assertive Aggressive Passive Empathetic Critical
- Slide 4
- Non-verbal Communcation Body language (open and closed) Gestures Expressions Listening skills Eye contact
- Slide 5
- Body language - People use body language without thinking (unconsciously). We are constantly dropping clues about what is going on in our head, sometimes without even knowing! Tone of voice - Emotions are often given away not so much by what people are saying but how they say it. Speaking loudly in short sentences can show aggression, speaking gently and giving smiles and encouragement can show caring.
- Slide 6
- Body Language Activity Individually stand up in front of the group and display an emotion. Rest of group must guess which emotion you are displaying!
- Slide 7
- Activity In pairs write down three occasions when using open body language would be particularly important for a team leader in the aviation industry.
- Slide 8