Commercial Travel Photography & Videography
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Commercial Travel Photography & Videography
When it comes to traveling long distances, hiring a commercial video production team is proving to be a worthwhile investment. Whether you’re a business owner or manager hosting a retreat or exhibiting at a trade show, or a newlywed couple seeking to capture the precious moments of a romantic honeymoon, bringing along a team of professional photographers or videographers is an essential part of ensuring your focus is right where it needs to be.
Travel photographers and videographers specialize in a subcategory of photography that requires capturing the time and place of an area beyond local reach. Some notable examples of this type of work could include:
• Nature magazines
• Marketing projects
• Training videos
• Hotels & eco-lodges
• Company retreats
• Award banquets
• Golf tournaments
Travel photography and videography requires a special set of skills that isn’t typically possessed by your average studio professionals, who are often limited in their ability to document the essence of a certain time and place. Travel photographers, however, are already well-versed in the impositions associated with this type of work. They carry specific gear perfectly suited for travel so that no quality is lost. In addition, they are fully prepared to handle harsh weather conditions and challenging lighting situations, guaranteeing an amazing final product.
• Ability to take images of landscapes, portrait shots, and panoramic views.
• Incorporation of landscape and geographical features, as well as weather and manmade features.
• Balancing of both people and places in images.
• Knowledge of how to approach potential subjects in photos, along with officials who may require permission to shoot.
• Focus – Professional travel photographers and videographers have the ability to focus on their own specific duties, allowing your staff to focus on theirs, generating a better quality product for everyone.
• Better equipment – They are more likely to carry much higher-end equipment than your organization, resulting in a higher caliber of photos and videos.
• Training – They also often bring along extended training, years of experience, and advanced degrees in the subject, making them much more capable of utilizing a specific location and top of the line equipment for a superior photo or video.
When selecting qualified professional video services, be sure to conduct a thorough screening:
• Portfolio – Ask about their prior experience and work, as well as travel work samples to ensure your vision is in alignment.
• Equipment Inquiry – Pose different hypothetical scenarios that give the videographer or photographer the chance to show off their technical know-how. Consider doing some online research on the equipment they plan to use, to confirm it is well-regarded and either meets or exceeds industry standards.
• Expenses – Communicate costs early on to avoid the surprise of a higher than expected invoice. Ask about their standard rate, compensation for accommodations, and other related travel expenses.
Many businesses have chosen ROF Industries to manage their photos and videos, especially those who host numerous events across the U.S. throughout the year. Why hire 25 companies for 25 events when you can easily rely on just one to handle all of your needs?
ROF Industries boasts extensive travel knowledge and perks, providing clients with the most bang for their buck:
•Free flight mileage
•6 free checked bags
•An allowed 70 pounds per bag (versus the usual 50 for standard travelers)
Being able to travel for less money means big savings for customers!
When hiring a professional photography and videography service, it is important to take into account certain considerations by asking yourself the following questions:
• Will I be traveling long-distance?
• Will it improve the productivity of my staff?
• Is the team I’m considering knowledgeable and experienced?
• Do they offer a higher level of equipment and quality?
• Are we on the same page in terms of costs?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you can rest easy knowing that you’re already on the right track toward a quality documentation of your next travel experience.
Both small businesses and individual customers count on ROF Industries Inc. to provide high quality travel photography and videography for a variety of long-distance locations. Take advantage of our services to ensure you and your organization receive unparalleled visual documentation. Learn more by visiting our website online at http://www.rofindustries.com/, or call 714-801-7924.
Summary In this day and age, many businesses and individuals are producing their own video content. Though DIY video has come a long way, there’s no substitute for hiring a professional to meet your goals. This presentation includes tips for finding a videographer who understands your needs.