Cheil UAE Trend Report 2012
Embed Size (px)
Cheil UAE - Middle East Trend report 2012 - made in the region
Transcript of Cheil UAE Trend Report 2012
- 1. SPRING SUMMER TRENDSJh/june2012/cheilUAE 2012
- 2. INTROWhat will make the world tick in 2012? What will the consumer do in 2012?What is the forecast of trends in the near future? Planners and intelligencedepartment did their share of the job and thousands of reports everywhereare evaluating, analyzing, studying and demonstrating the crucial trends ofthe coming year..At Cheil UAE, our observation skills, trendspotting & pattern recognitionare made in the region. From different global and local research tosupermarket visits, caf ear-dropping, social behaviourism and practicallyanything that showcases or hints to any new pattern being built, wedeveloped our MEA 2012 collection of trends.
- 3. #01Voyeurism
- 4. #01Voyeurism Whether we like it or not, Social Media addiction will grow even moreintense in 2012 as we witness the rise of the consumer 2.0. The socialconsumer is becoming more and more curious and his curiosity is nowleading him to spy on brand activities (if they know what interest him)collecting more and more likes for those brands to watch. Example: Hear the voices of the youth, in the Regions Biggest Youth Initiative from Coca Cola Today I will. Hear their stories, how they made it.. What they say about their day and how they eventually nd their way through to pursue happiness. Interesting and engaging for the brands consumers!
- 5. #02Womenthe new Men
- 6. #02the new MenWomen Women in the region are becoming as powerful as men if not more.Women are the majority of the workforce in Dubai where expat womenare Managers and CEOs of international companies. Local women arebecoming ministers and directors of major governmental companies.In the Middle East the power of the purse has never been morepowerful. Example: Lebanese Actress and Director Nadine Labaki is the new face of the Scottish Whiskey brand Johnnie Walker. This new campaign marks the rst time ever a woman has appeared in a Johnnie Walker Ad.
- 7. #03SupermumSyndrome
- 8. #03 Syndrome SupermumBaby yoga, organic food, aqua gym, rhymes & lyrics, play dates, painting, pottery.. and waaaaaaay much more. Quality time is the Supermum new motto, and green is their most important concern. Supermums want it all for them and their kids. Brands who smartly address those Gen.X mums solving their bad parents anxiety are winning brands. Example : In Dubai multiple ads for baby play center, development center, baby gym, baby socializing club etc tap on ` those mothers concerns. Giving the best for her child, spend time-even better- spend quality time with him.
- 9. #04Cross-Gen `
- 10. #04Cross-Generation Take brands like Apple, whose stores worldwide are crowded with all different age groups, or take super-in Skype App used all day, every day, by kids, their grandparents and teenagers alike. When it comes to some brands, age becomes nothing but a number. Example : The new Emirates Hello Tomorrow campaign took the lead with new advertising featuring different age groups mixing teens with seniors along with the usual 20-40 mainstream consumers usually featured in the perfect advertising world.
- 11. #05MovementMarketing
- 12. #05 Marketing Movement Brands must nd a new way to keep their edge today at a timewhen marketing is once again going through revolutionarytimes: Brands must look beyond their products and STANDFOR SOMETHING! Movements aim to drive positive changeand have a higher purpose! Example: Pepsi Arabia express yourself Campaign or even Vodafone Egypt let nothing stop you power to you campaign, are all inspired by the regions torments and the will of a new generation that need change. Brands who are taking part of the social movement are more appealing to Youth.
- 13. #06Tablet wanted!
- 14. #06Tablet Wanted! Tablet is the most wanted item of 2012. Tablets is the new hype and the most seen accessories just after the Smartphone. Whether its the portability or the personal relationship established with the tablet, tablets are being seen everywhere. From coffee shops to parks, at the mall and even at work, where employees take their personal tablets to the ofce just like they do with their personal phones. Example: Tech forecasters at Future Source Consultants estimate that the sale of 15 million tablets in 2011 is expected to grow up to 25 million in 2012. But is this trend expected to affect the notebook sales in the region like it did globally? Well wait to see.
- 15. #07DigitalTravel
- 16. #07Travel DigitalThe biggest digital trend of the year is denitely the absolute supremacy of Digital Travel. Travelers not only use the social networks to make informed travel decisions, but everything related to travel, from looking up destinations packages, booking ights, checking bags, or even the best cities destinations, all are done Online! Example : launched in 2009 Fly Dubai is the leader in its category and is the second biggest passenger carrier operating out of Dubai International Airport After Emirates. The ease and convenience of the online services makes it appealing to consumer while prices are very similar to competitors.
- 17. #08PamperedMan
- 18. #08 Man The PamperedThe pampered man is not only alive and multiplying but hes as we speak, shopping at a mall near you. The metrosexual very limited edition of men of the last decade evolved and embraced the new lifestyle where health and beauty are part of his routine. Example: In the UAE and the region, men smell good, look good, and have a