CAREEREALISM Media . Two Sites | One Mission
Embed Size (px)
CAREEREALISM Media CultureCode CAREEREALISM Media is made up of two sites sharing one mission. CAREEREALISM.com is a free career advice site, offering free resources from top career professionals, including webinars, "how-to" videos, and articles covering all aspects of career. CareerHMO.com is a career coaching site. The service offered here is one on one coaching from one of our career experts, helping you land that next big job. Be sure to come check us out, and enjoy the Slideshare!
Transcript of CAREEREALISM Media . Two Sites | One Mission
- Creating a Trusted Resource for Career Advice
- Mission Statement CAREEREALISM Media is dedicated to solving the communication disconnect between companies and talent. Our goal is to provide professionals with tip-of-the-curl information, coaching, support, and resources they need to market their "business-of-one" to companies.
- Measurable Goals CAREEREALISM 5M visitors/month 5K Alexa ranking Eliminate reliance on display ad revenue CareerHMO 50 ICCs 10K monthly subscribers 5 corporate partners
- To Succeed, We... Experiment often as a way to learn and grow. Never play the blame game with each other. Set stretch goals that test our abilities. Keep perspective - its not life or death. Focus on enjoying ourselves while working hard. Appreciate daily how lucky we are!
- Each of us knows our own strengths - and those of our teammates. Most importantly, we recognize the goal isn't to compete with one another to be the best, but to work together to create something bigger and better than what we could do as individuals. J.T. -CEO & Founder
- Core Staff Traits
- Proactive Identify problems & map out possible solutions. Look for new opportunities to improve the business. Research ways to improve your skills and add more value to the organization.
- As a team, we're always on the lookout for more effective solutions. Trying new things doesn't scare us - if something has the potential to solve a problem, we go for it. Ariella - Managing Editor
- Resourceful Research and identify the most cost-effective options. Utilize existing resources as a way to conserve funds. Actively find ways to streamline processes and improve operations.
- The solutions to our problems arent always obvious, but we all look for creative and different ways to try to solve the problems. Sarah - Manager of Public Relations
- Ownership Take responsibility for projects and act as the point person in charge of its completion. Set aggressive deadlines and hold yourself accountable for delivering on-time and under- budget. Measure the impact of your efforts and make sure they justify the cost of your employment.
- Our professional growth happens quickly, because were constantly challenged in both getting the work done and managing each other. Nick - Employment Branding Manager
- Selflessness Focus on whats best for the company and your team over whats easier or better for yourself. Help your peers and be part of their success. Go beyond the job when necessary.
- Our best work is very much a collaborative effort. We come together to find solutions and brainstorm, so all of our successes truly come as a team. Sam - Social Media Manager
- Passion Care deeply about your work and its impact on the success of the business. Take pride in what you do and be a geek in your job. Educate co-workers on what you do and how you do it.
- I love working with CAREEREALISM. Everybody here makes each project better than their last. We take pride in the quality of our work, and make sure its always helping the business move forward! Zac - Marketing Intern
- Energetic Display positivity and a can-do attitude at work. Inspire your peers with encouraging words and humor. Dream big for the company, its clients, and your own career.
- Were always respectful of each others time and schedule. When we plan meetings or deadlines of projects, each others schedules and workloads are always our first concern. Lindsay - Video & Graphics Content Producer
- Respectful Recognize and appreciate the strengths of every team member. Be honest, tactful, and fair in all communications. Be quick to admit mistakes and do what you can to fix them. REMEMBER, we are all human!
- There is a great mix of creative minds here at CAREEREALISM all working towards a common goal and having fun doing it. I have never worked anywhere like this. The old adage is true - Happiness breeds great work. Paula - CareerHMO Community Manager
- Business-of-One Planning Create a comprehensive map of our daily work to the company's goals. Define professional goals for the year and tie them to our personal goals. Set measurable milestones each week, month, quarter and year. Identify the best way to manage up to ensure all our clients (internal & external) are satisfied. Each of us is a business-of-one who serves two clients (our external customers & our internal co-workers). To succeed, we must:
- Go to CAREEREALISM.com for the best career advice. Everybody could use some, because EVERY Job is Temporary!
- Thank you for learning about us! -The CAREEREALISM Media Team-