Brand you - Personal branding intro
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Brand you - Personal branding intro
- 1. BRAND YOU INTRO TO PERSONAL BRANDING
- 2. A Bit About Me Husband and father to Scout, Daisy & Indiana President, Kristian Andersen + Associates Founder, Pathagility Founder, TinderBox Managing Partner, Gravity Ventures Lives in Arkansas works Indy
- 3. A BRAND ISNOT A LOGO
- 4. A BRAND IS A COLLECTION OFPERCEPTIONSIN THE MIND OF A CONSUMER.
- 5. BRANDS ARE BORN OF EXPERIENCE AND REFLECT REPUTATION
- 6. NONE OF THESE ORGANIZATIONS TREAT THIER BRAND AS ANAFTERTHOUGHT, RATHERIT SERVES AS THEIR KEY DIFFERENTIATOR.
- 7. BUT THOSE ARECONSUMER BRANDS NOT PEOPLE.
- 8. Personal brands allowindividuals to differentiate themselves by consistently articulating and leveraging their unique value proposition.
- 9. WE ARE ALL BRANDS
- 10. If youre not branding yourself, you can beassured that others are doing it for you.
- 11. RateMyProfessors.com
- 12. ITS ABRAND YOU WORLD
- 13. AND JUST BEING GOOD ISNT GOOD ENOUGH
- 14. SIMPLE UNIQUE FOCUSED
- 15. A LESSON FROM THE KITCHEN
- 16. THE KITCHEN (The Craft / What You Know) THE DINING ROOM(The Delivery / How You Share It)
- 17. WERE ALL IN THECONTENT BUSINESS
- 18. GETTINGTACTICAL
- 19. Why Employers Should CareStrong personal brands add value to corporate brands! Publicity & VisibilityBuild Organizational Credibility Increased Engagement LevelsExpands InfluenceHuman Connection to the Organization Halo Effect (which works both ways)
- 20. 5 QuestionsQuestion #1 : What are your goals?Question #2 : What do you value?Question #3 : What are you passionate about?Question #4 : What motivates you?Question #5 : What makes you remarkable?
- 21. 5 RulesRule #1 : Be DiligentRule #2 : Be ConsistentRule #3 : Be RelevantRule #4 : Be InterestingRule #5 : Be Yourself
- 22. 5 StepsBuilding lasting, effective personal brands takes time andthere is no one-size-fits-all process.Step #1 : Take InventoryStep #2 : Develop a (Brand) PlanStep #3 : Craft Your IdentityStep #4 : Choose the Right Tools & ChannelsStep #5 : Measure & Repeat
- 23. Tools & ChannelsTools & Channels:You have to use them to understand them Web sites Blogs / micro-blogs Podcasts Social networks (Facebook, Ning, Linked-In, Twitter) Events (create your own or hijack one) Off-line & alternate publishing The mediaDont Forget to: Make yourself findable (SEO, social networks, etc.) Connect everything Cultivate relationships w/ the press, peers, competitors, etc. Donate your expertise to a cause Develop a visible platform Start & join conversations
- 24. We are CEOs of our own companies: Me Inc. To be in business today, our mostimportant job is to be head marketer for the brand called you Tom Peters
- 25. Twitter: kristianindyeMail: firstname.lastname@example.orgLinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/kandersen1Web: kaplusa.com