Best of DesignYatra - Quotes #kdy14
Embed Size (px)
We went to #KDY14 in Goa, September 2014. Here are some of the best quotes we heard by the speakers.
Transcript of Best of DesignYatra - Quotes #kdy14
- 1. Stockholm Karlskrona New York Manchester Singapore www.hyperisland.com
- 2. wwwwww.h.hyyppeerirsilsanladn.cdom.com 01 THE BEST QUOTES FROM #KDY14 Goa, September 14, 2014 by @maria_eriksson / @hyperisland
- 3. DONT JUST DO GOOD DESIGN DO GOOD
- 4. DO GOOD A COMMON THEME AMONGST MOST SPEAKERS WAS THAT ITS BIGGER THAN DESIGN, THAT WE ALL NEED TO GET BETTER AT DOING GOOD FOR THE WORLD. I think David Berman summed it up really well when he said If we can leave things a little bit better than when we found them the world would be a much better place. I was quite surprised to see how so many of the speakers brought this to their sessions, no matter if you do logos, movies or art, you should always have the aim to make the world a little bit better, and big things will happen. !
- 5. WE NOT ME @MOVINGBRANDS
- 6. MAT HEINL from @movingbrands said how important it is for them to always work together, there are no projects or tasks that will not be better if we collaborate.
- 7. the future agency is doing life design @tokyosoulman
- 8. Morihiko Hasebe, at Hakuhodo in Japan shared how they have built a hospital that looks like a boutique hotel, by merging existing expertise. ! He also reinforced that the future advertising industry is embracing and adapting to change. Hybrid expertise is the future!
- 9. BAD CONTENT IS JUST A SYMPTOM THAT SOMETHING ELSE IS WRONG. @emcguane
- 10. Elizabeth McGuane says it could be the people, the process or the structure. An important learning for her was to be in one room, to make collaboration happen and work.
- 11. "Progress only really occurs when an organisation is outside the comfort zone" @ajaz
- 12. Allow your employees to experiment with unknown outcomes and they'll be better decision makers " @ajaz
- 13. Ajaz Ahmed, co-founder of AKQA showed off their case studies through the lens of leadership and bravery for brands, an interesting way to show work by using different angles.
- 14. @ToddRovak from Fahrenheit212, goes so well with the Jobs To Be Done Theory we are using at Hyper Island.
- 15. If every one of us would leave things a little bit better than when we found them, the world would be a much better place -David Berman
- 16. "Most brands are so busy with telling a story that they forget that no one is interested! @manchipp
- 17. SEE MORE AT #KDY14