Belly to Belly Create Relationships to Create Referrals.
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Belly to Belly Create Relationships to Create Referrals.
Belly to BellyCreate Relationships to Create Referrals
• Developing referral partner relationships is the key to a recession proof Mortgage Business• By creating these relationships with realtor partners we have a steady
revenue stream of purchase loans• Most of the “marketing” you do is centered on this idea
1. Videos 2. Email campaigns 3. Training classes 4. Calls 5. Cards
• The idea is: Provide something of value first and ask for something in return later.• This works when the agent see’s enough value (consistency)• This practice has been the Blue Print for a long time now
• Most Loan Professionals know this strategy• Most fail for 1 reason
They forget to create a REAL relationship!!!
• The most expensive systems are Lures• Lures are attractants • They do exactly as they are intended to do
“Attract your targets”• Most loan professionals fall into the trap
Buy the cool system, give it to the agents and because you gave it to them, they will automatically send you leads and referrals. Waiting by the phone for it to ring.
• Not to be the bearer of bad news but……….. They are never going to call!!
• This does NOT mean that using these systems are wasting your time or money• It means you MUST change you mind set of what they are intended for
• Every marketing strategy you implement ask yourself this question: How will this get me face to face with my target?
• Answering this question will allow you to keep your focus on the real goal. To create and develop a referral partner relationship
• There are lots of systems out thereAgent MarketingListBoosterHomeScoutMobile Voice RoutingBuy Referral Onlyand so on……..• Sole purpose to give you reasons to meet with agents
• Meet to show the system first time• Meet weekly to
A. Discuss success or improve performance (get buyer info and call) B. Train on using the system (teach 1 specific piece weekly)• During meetings focus on building the relationship Be a friend!!!• Get to know them, let them get to know you
• Video tips to agents• Excellent “warm up”• Introduces your personality• Reminds people how you made them feel• Creates a “celebrity” feeling in those who haven’t met you• Sole purpose to give you a chance to get face to face
• Call and ask to meet “I heard you were serious about growing your real estate business, I would love to treat you to a cup of coffee and see if I may be able to help you with that.”
“I heard you are a rock star real estate agent. I would love to treat you to a cup of coffee and pick your brain a little bit about what has you running such a successful business.” “I know you are really well connected in our local real estate market. I would love to treat you to a cup of coffee and get some of your thoughts on some current trends I am seeing.”
• Use the Realtor Needs Assessment at the meeting Ask to take notes• Set up the next meeting to go over the commitment letter• During meetings focus on building the relationship Be a friend!!!• Get to know them, let them get to know you
• Hi Freddie McRealty, this is Paul Baxter with Leader1 Financial. I am following up with you on *insert your value item here*. One of the things I do for my realtor friends is a free Realtor Needs Assessment. This is an in depth look at your real estate business as a whole. It can help you discover where you can improve on your business as well as focus more of your efforts. • I would love to treat you to a cup of coffee and help you discover all
your business can be.
• Training classes• Excellent “gift” of value• Great reason to follow up
A. If you taught “to treat you to a cup of coffee and answer any questions you may have” B. If someone else taught “to treat you to a cup of coffee and find out what other trainings you may be interested in”• During meetings focus on building the relationship Be a friend!!!• Get to know them, let them get to know you
• Social Media can play a big role in this• Being engaging helps develop the relationship part• Use the daily 10’s to make sure you are staying engaged• Be willing to like and share the things your partners (friends) care
• Because relationship is the key element to referral partners Make sure you are targeting the right agents. • Choose who you want to work with because you are a good fit• Trying to partner with someone you don’t care for or fit with will
never be a real referral partner relationship
• Become involved in the Real Estate Community in your area• Become a sponsor lender for the local real estate board• Be present at events and gatherings• Offer to provide coffee or lunch or snacks for the meetings• The more you hang around the groups who centrally focused on the
real estate business, the more a part of it you become
• Shake people you meets hands• Smile and say hello• Get to know people, let them get to know you• Have normal conversations with those you meet • Identify the true targets (it will be clear who the movers and shakers
are)• Invite them to share a meal and become a friend
• Use online sources to see who are the active real estate agents in your area• Homes.com – shows local pro’s, number of listing the pro has then
link to personal website• Realtor.com – same as above, may also include phone number on
profile• RealTrends.com – shows the cream of the crop. You can sort by area,
volume, units. Rarely has contact info or link, requires Google research once you identify your target
• The moral of the story A recession proof Mortgage Business through referral partner marketing is not about the fancy system or well produced video. It is about whether or not you can become a friend. That’s when you have a true partner.