Beauty Directory Digital Seminar
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Beauty Directory Digital Seminar
- 1. Beauty bloggers
And 10 tips on how best to work with them
2. Blogger influence
More than 90 beauty bloggers listed on Beauty Directory
Rarely a day goes by when a reader doesnt contact me to say they have bought a product as a result of my blog
Nuffnang survey: 78% respondents had purchased a product or service as a result of reading about it on a blog
New York PR firm DeVries found that 60% of women chose blogs as the resource most likely to prompt them to buy a beauty product.
3. Tip #1
Get to know us
- Follow us and talk to us - on Twitter
4. Subscribe to our blogs.Using the RSS feed is a time efficient way of doing this 5. Ask us for our media kits and stats 6. Find the blogs and writers that best fit your beauty brands and concentrate on themwww.stylingyou.com.au
7. Tip #2
Read the blog of the blogger youre pitching too.
- Before formulating your pitch double check that youre chasing the right readership for your product
8. What style does the blogger normally write in? 9. Does she write straight reviews or themed posts or a mix of both? 10. What has she featured recently?www.stylingyou.com.au
11. Tip #3
Consider whether your pitch will add value to the blog you are pitching too.
- Bloggers want content that will add value to their readers.
12. A brands Facebook competition is merely a promotion for that brand.It doesnt offer value to the reader of a blog. 13. Consider sponsored posts for straight advertorials.www.stylingyou.com.au
14. Tip #4
email the blogger personally
- A Hi There! email really annoys bloggers
15. They generally do not come from a media or PR background and are immune to a bulk email send 16. Take the time to address them personally and youre more likely to get a bitewww.stylingyou.com.au
17. Tip #5
Please include all relevant details and an image with the media release you email.
- Most bloggers are working at night make it easy for us so that we dont have to wait for a reply with a product price or image
18. If your product is on Beauty Directory then thats ok too!www.stylingyou.com.au
19. Tip #6
Send us media releases at least one month prior to launch.
- Yes, we can get a blog post up super quickly if there is an urgency but generally were fitting our blogging in around other things I schedule a month in advance
20. Also, this lead time gives us an opportunity to properly trial the product and place on our blog at launch time. 21. Embargo any information if requiredwww.stylingyou.com.au
22. Tip #7
Please understand that for most people, their blog is a labour of love.
- Most beauty bloggers have a day job or something that provides an income.
23. There is currently little money being made from solely beauty blogging in Australia. 24. This is set to change as we model the US 25. Brand ambassadorships are also a possibility 26. Consider aligning your brand with a bloggerwww.stylingyou.com.au
27. Tip #8
Consider inviting us to your media events.
- Budget permitting
28. We like to be in the know as much as other beauty journalists 29. Consider those bloggers with the bigger influence and reach 30. Consider those bloggers who best fit your brand