â€œBe Precise, Be catchyâ€- The Ultimate mantra of Indian Youth...
Embed Size (px)
Over the past few years, more and more young Indians have succumbed to the charm of tweets. Be it politicians like Kejriwal/Rahul or celebrities like Priyanka Chopra/Chetan Bhagat twitter is fast pervading within the Indian Borders. So what are the trends and how can brands leverage this? Simplify 360 conducted a survey and came up with very intriguing results about the way Twitter is used by an Indian Youth. Have a look if you are an Indian youth tweeting your life out, read it even if you are not one.
Transcript of â€œBe Precise, Be catchyâ€- The Ultimate mantra of Indian Youth...
- TWITTER MOST USED TO GET NEWS UPDATES : SURVEY REPORT
- METHODOLOGY With increasing participation of Youth of India in the development and commerce of the nation, it has become vital to understand the sentiment of Youth and their preferences. A survey was conducted by Simplify 360 , with respondents all over Indian subcontinent pouring in their responses about the way they use twitter. This survey was aimed at unraveling how Youth are using Twitter as a means of communication and participation in social/commerce events. The sample size was 170 Once the responses was churned out, it was processed and inferred by Simplify 360s experts, an info graphic was also created to give a better visual reflection
- 20% female; 80% male RESPONDENTS DEMOGRAPHICS male female 1% 13% 45% 37% 4% Less than 18 18-22 22-25 25-30 Above 30 Most respondents above the age of 30, followed by 25 to 30.
- KEY FINDINGS If we have to sum up the entire study, then probably the key takeaways for brand would be :- Go the mobile way, twitter has always been the when in rush, just tweet thing and nothing complements it more than mobility of mobile/smartphones. So, If launching a campaign see its feasibility with respect to phones. Mind it, half of twitter junta access twitter through phones. DM is the least used service on twitter, like abysmally less. Something can be definitely done to improve twitters chat/message interface/service. Politics, humor and sports can woo us Indians like anything. Create content around it and then jazz it up by aligning with your brands objective. You will find an audience for sure. Indian youth are pretty lazy when it comes to tweeting their own content. Its mostly the viral/trending stuff which keeps spreading like a viral fever.
- Majority of Indian youth prefer the time slot 9-12 pm. The reason behind the same may be availability of free time after days work. THE PRIME TIME 5% 14% 13% 11% 19% 27% 11% Active at Time 6 - 9 AM 9 - 12 AM 12 - 3 PM 3 - 6 PM 6 - 9 PM 9 - 12 PM Post-midnight
- Indian youth prefer following their friends and colleagues most on twitter followed by politicians, sports personalities and showbiz celebrities. TWITTER HANDLES FOLLOWED 0.00% 10.00% 20.00% 30.00% 40.00% 50.00% 60.00% 70.00% 80.00% Common Types of Twitter Handles Followed
- Tweet and re-tweet is the most favored activity type of Indian youth. They rarely use the DM service and probably this is some area where twitter could do better in terms of feature/interface WHAT THEY DO MOSTLY ON TWITTER ? 0.00% 10.00% 20.00% 30.00% 40.00% 50.00% 60.00% 70.00% Tweeting (text only) Retweeting tweets made by others Saving tweets as Favourites Replying to others' tweets Sharing content (videos, photos or links) Direct Messaging (DM) Only reading tweets Other User Activities
- MOST USED MEDIUM FOR TWITTER Mobile phone 50%Desktop/Laptop 48% Tablets 2% MEDIUM USED Every one in two Indian Youth use mobile phone as a medium to access twiter. Rest of them use desktop/laptop. Tablets are not preferred much when it comes to accessing twitter.
- WHY DO THEY USE TWITTER ? Most of the Indian youth access twitter to get news updates on the go. It is also preferred as a socializing and networking hub. 0.00% 10.00% 20.00% 30.00% 40.00% 50.00% 60.00% 70.00% Conversational Promotional Personality updates Voicing your opinion News updates Socializing/Networking Hobbies Academic interests ProductService reviews and complaints Other Twitter Usage
- WHAT THE AREAS OF INTEREST ? Politics, Sports and Humor emerge as top three areas of interest for Indian twitter youth users. The views can be slightly biased due to the buzz created around Indian elections and IPL season going on. 17% 18% 16%11% 15% 7% 1% 10% 1% 4% Areas of Interest Sports Politics Humor FilmTV shows Technology Music Religion & Spirituality Travel Fashion Other
- HOW WOULD YOU RATE TWITTER ? Most of the twitter users gave 3 or 4 stars to twitter which showed they consider twitter as good/satisfactory but still there is room for improvement. 0% 5% 10% 15% 20% 25% 30% 35% 40% 1 2 3 4 5 Twitter Rating
- I WISH TWITTER HAD 34% 50% 16% IMPROVEMENT AREAS More characters allowed Nothing, its perfect Other Around one third users wished twitter allowed more than 140 characters. Half of them wished for status quo not to be changed.
- TWEET FREQUENCY 10% 13% 8% 5% 64% Tweet FrequencyOnce a day 2-5 times per day 5-10 times per day Number of twitter users tweeting on a daily basis was found to be very meager which shows that mostly people re-tweet tweets already posted/trending.
- TWEET CONTENT Mostly the content that circulates is a re- tweet of tweet by a celebrity/brand that is trending. Next to it is the personal daily updates of users. 0% 5% 10% 15% 20% 25% 30% 35% Retweets of tweets by a celebrity or a brand Personal daily updates Replies to friends Inspirational quotes Other Tweet Content
- WHY ON TWITTER ? Indian youth mostly prefer twitter because of its brevity and ease of networking. 0% 5% 10% 15% 20% 25% 30% 35% 40% 45% Peer pressure Networking Concise content Other Why on Twitter?
- REPORT PREPARED BY Naureen Fatima Naureen has joined Simplify 360 as a summer intern. She is currently pursuing her Post Graduation degree from IIM Raipur.
- Simplify360 The Leader of Social Business Intelligence Most admired brand for Social Media Research on Slideshare Top 10 Product Technology Company by TechSparks 2010 Listed amongst TOP 10 SMM tools by PR2020 and SocialMedia8
- Social Business Intelligence www.simplify360.com Simplify360 is the leading social business intelligence firm. Offerings include: Social Marketing Suite for agencies Social Contact Centre for BPOs Social Command Centre for Enterprises We enable businesses to perform Online Reputation Management, Customer Service, Community Management, Social Media Research & Brand Auditing; Online Sales Lead Generation, and Consumer Sentiment Analysis.
- Leaders use Simplify360 Clients Partners Worldwide Brazil and LatAM Saudi Arabia USA Worldwide Singapore & India
- THANK YOU CONNECT WITH US