B2B Lead Generation for Social Media: Tips for Generating and Tracking Phone Leads
Embed Size (px)
This white paper provides tips for how B2B marketers can increase engagement and generate leads via social media. It also explains why it’s so important to track leads from social media, and the technologies that can help you do it.
Transcript of B2B Lead Generation for Social Media: Tips for Generating and Tracking Phone Leads
- white paper B2B Lead Generation for Social Media: Tips for Generating and Tracking Phone Leads white paper
- B2B Lead Generation for Social Media: Tips for Generating and Tracking Phone Leads 2 2013 Ifbyphone, Inc. | (866) 245-4479 | www.ifbyphone.com | twitter.com/Ifbyphone | Ifbyphone.com/blog Executive Summary Social media marketing is now a way of life for B2B marketers. With new platforms emerging constantly and more business owners looking to leverage these networks than ever before, social media has become an essential vehicle for engaging with customers, building brands, establishing thought leadership, and generating leads and business. A study by Chief Marketer on Social Media Marketing1 found that: 65% of B2B marketers have acquired a customer through LinkedIn 66% of monthly bloggers acquired a customer through blogging 40% of B2B marketers acquired a customer through Twitter Yet according to the same study, 65% of marketers are not tracking how their social media efforts are generating leads. If youre not tracking how your social media strategies are generating leads, you cant tell whats working and what isnt in order to make informed adjustments. Finally, you cant prove to your executives how social media marketing is impacting the one metric they truly care about: revenue. This white paper provides tips for how B2B marketers can increase engagement and generate leads via social media. It also explains why its so important to track leads from social media, and the technologies that can help you do it.
- B2B Lead Generation for Social Media: Tips for Generating and Tracking Phone Leads Original, useful content crafted with your target audience in mind is at the core of every successful social media strategy. If you have good content, you can use social media marketing and lead generation strategies to expand the reach of your content and generate leads. To generate leads from social media, follow these basic principles: Drive social media visitors to landing pages with a clear call to action to download your content. Be sure this content is gated behind a registration form that requires people to provide their contact information. You dont necessarily have to use content. Depending on your business, you can use calls to action such as request a demo or contact us or start a free trial. Lastly, always be sure to include a prominent phone number on your web pages. You may be surprised to find out how often marketers forget to do this simple thing, but including a phone number is a great way to generate high-value phone leads. Of course, in order to generate more leads through social media, you need to grow your social media influence and presence. That means using every strategy you can to build your social media following and to help your content go viral. Below are some tips on how to increase engagement and generate leads from your social media channels. Tips for Increasing Engagement and Generating Leads from Social Media 2013 Ifbyphone, Inc. | (866) 245-4479 | www.ifbyphone.com | twitter.com/Ifbyphone | Ifbyphone.com/blog 3
- B2B Lead Generation for Social Media: Tips for Generating and Tracking Phone Leads LinkedIn LinkedIn is the largest social network of professionals on the Internet with more than 160 million users who are active professionals seeking jobs, networking opportunities, and expertise. Since LinkedIn is the largest professional social network, its also an excellent medium for sharing content, having discussions, and generating leads. Optimizing your activity in LinkedIn groups, company pages, and advertising will help you effectively generate more leads. LinkedIn Groups LinkedIn groups provide users with a way to share content and have discussions around specific topics. Here are some tips for using groups: Join groups to expand your reach. LinkedIn has more than one million user groups covering hundreds of different industries. Start a group with a topic that is niche to your business. Invite colleagues, former coworkers, and peers in your industry to join and actively participate in your group. 2013 Ifbyphone, Inc. | (866) 245-4479 | www.ifbyphone.com | twitter.com/Ifbyphone | Ifbyphone.com/blog 4 To Gate or Not to Gate? Do you ever wonder which content you should be requiring people to register for and what you should be giving away for free? A good rule of thumb is that if the content is too sales-y or brief, you should give it away for free. Below are some suggestions on what to get and what not to gate. Gated Content: White papers and eBooks that provide actionable tips and best practices Information that can help people do their jobs and grow their business without purchasing a product or service from your company Webinars In-depth research reports Free Content: Sales content such as product one-pagers and brochures Case studies (unless it is an in-depth discussion of how-tos and best practices) Infographics Blog posts Short videos and product demos
- B2B Lead Generation for Social Media: Tips for Generating and Tracking Phone Leads Once youve joined groups and started some of your own, you can participate in ongoing discussions within these pages. Discussions should include links to related content where participants can learn more about the topic being explored. Links that you post in discussions can either go directly to landing pages that have gated content (so you can collect lead information), or else to other content (like a blog post) that then links to that landing page. Be sure to include a phone number for leads to call you. Ask questions and answer those from other LinkedIn members to establish thought leadership and industry expertise. This trust will make people more likely to click on links you share in the future. You can even generate leads from comments left in LinkedIn groups. Sometimes people will ask questions about your product/service and you can either respond publicly in the discussion, or trace the lead back to their profile and use that as a jumping off point for contact. ds 3 Times More Likely to 2013 Ifbyphone, Inc. | (866) 245-4479 | www.ifbyphone.com | twitter.com/Ifbyphone | Ifbyphone.com/blog 5 Become Accounts Ifbyphones marketing team uses our own call tracking technology to monitor the source of all our phone leads, including Google PPC. We used that data to compare conversion rates of PPC web form downloads to phone calls: PPC Lead Type Conversion Rate Web Form Download 3.17% Phone Call 5.28% Total: 8.45% We learned that our PPC landing pages drive nearly twice as many phone leads as web downloads. This is important because LinkedIn Company Pages Businesses often take advantage of LinkedIn company pages for recruiting, but these pages can also be a valuable asset for engaging with customers, informing prospects of the products and services your business provides, and generating leads. Also, if we only measured web form downloads, we might see the 3.17% conversion rate and panic. We might spend time and resources testing new messaging, calls to action, and landing variations to improve it. But when you include phone calls, you get a conversion rate of 8.45%, which is Figure 1. LinkedIn groups enable you to create discussions and share content.
- B2B Lead Generation for Social Media: Tips for Generating and Tracking Phone Leads The most effective company pages utilize target keywords in company descriptions to improve search visibility. The more you appear in search results, the more followers your page will have. Cadence posting on your company page should follow a steady daily cadence. Messaging keep your messaging consistent with your brand, your website, and other social networks. Ensure that all of your product listings are up to date and use keyword-rich text to describe your solutions. Existing customers may come to this page looking to learn more about your other services. Videos and images are key to attracting more followers and leads LinkedIn users are visual and respond well to company pages rich with visual content. Add follow buttons on your website or blog to encourage people to follow your company page on LinkedIn. Like LinkedIn groups, posts on company pages can also drive traffic to register for gated content and become leads. Be sure to prominently display your phone number on your LinkedIn company page. People looking to call your business should be able to find your phone number quickly. 2013 Ifbyphone, Inc. | (866) 245-4479 | www.ifbyphone.com | twitter.com/Ifbyphone | Ifbyphone.com/blog 6 Figure 2. LinkedIn company pages are useful for promoting jobs, content, and products and services.
- B2B Lead Generation for Social Media: Tips for Generating and Tracking Phone Leads LinkedIn Advertising Similar to Google search ads, LinkedIn ads are text ads (with a small image) that link back to a web page of your choosing. One of the main benefits of LinkedIn ads is their ability to target members by geography, industry, LinkedIn groups, demographics, job function, job title, and more. You can run ads on LinkedIn members profile pages, on the LinkedIn home page, and on search results pages, group pages, and more. LinkedIn ads can be a powerful tool not only for generating buzz about your company, but also for generating leads. Have ads link back to a landing page that asks people to provide their contact information for content, to request a demo of your product or service, or to have a sales person contact them. These pages should also include