Authentication without interruptions
Embed Size (px)
Authentication methods interrupt people's workflows costing time and money as well frustrating users. Innovative MFA (multi factor authentication) methods such as Gemalto's 'eGo' take a natural approach to verifying credentials and minimising workflow interruptions. This presentation describes the problem and introduces an innovative approach to solving the problem.
Transcript of Authentication without interruptions
- 1. Securitydoesnt need tointerruptyourworkflow
- 2. Interruptionsto our workflows create errors cost money build stress destroy creativity
- 3. RememberKubla KhanColeridgesromanticpoem...In Xanadu did Kubla KhanA stately pleasure-dome decree:Where Alph, the sacred river, ranThrough caverns measureless to manDown to a sunless sea.
- 4. RememberKubla KhanColeridgesromanticpoem...In Xanadu did Kubla KhanA stately pleasure-dome decree:Where Alph, the sacred river, ranThrough caverns measureless to manDown to a sunless sea....it was never finished...a man from the village of Porlockinterrupted Coleridge in 1797 to discusshis garden and on his return... Coleridgerealised he couldnt remember the flow.And the poem remains unfinished...
- 5. Technologyis the 21st century man from Porlock from the tools used to keep knowledge flowing,...e-mail, mobile phones, IM, RSS etc... to the security measures used to control flow they constantly interrupt knowledge workers,actively... or ...passively
- 6. Access Technology PastTechnology alters workflowsa medical example
- 7. Technology alters workflowsa medical exampleAccess Technology PastAccess Technology Present
- 8. Access Technology PastTechnology alters workflowsa medical exampleAccess Technology PresentAccess Technology FutureNext Gen?StrongMultiFactorAuthenticationNatural User InterfaceNo Passwords
- 9. why do we care
- 10. why do we careInterruptions are costlyInterruptions cost US business $588b pa in 2005The cost of not paying attention, Jonathan Spira (2005)Interrupted workflow during medical administration was acontributing factor to the 6.6% medication error rate.Tissot, Intensive care med (1999)106 medication errors per 1000 patient daysPrinciples and practices of medication safety in the ICU (2006)78%ofseriousadverseeventsduetomedicationerrors.Rothschild et al The critical care safety study
- 11. Technologyshould help stopthe interruptions
- 12. Introducing eGonatural authentication technologythat fits to human workflowsAuthentication by touch strong multi factor authentication (MFA) initiated by any part of a users body (and not just fingers) works through clothing (e.g. gloves and shoes)eGo supports the rest credentials verified applications accessedworkflow interruptions reduced frustration & stress costs errors...
- 13. Summary Interruptions are costly Technology interrupts Current authenticationmethods actively interrupt eGo promises to authenticatewithout the interruptions... ... which may even save lives
- 14. Discover morewww.ego-project.euwww.gemalto.com/[email protected] sans interruptions