Embed Size (px)
it is about augmented reaity
Transcript of Augmentation
- WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DEFINITION DIFFRENCE BETWEENVIRTUAL AND AUGMENTED REALITY USE OF AUGMENTED REALITY WIKITUDE LAYAR GOOGLE GLASS ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF AUGMENTED REALITY.
- DEFINITON OF AUGMENTED REALITY. Abbreviated as AR, Augmented Reality is a type of virtual reality that aims to duplicate the worlds environment in a computer. An augmented reality system generates a composite view for the user that is the combination of real scene generated by the computer that augments the scene additional information.
- A BETTER UNDERSTANDING. GOAL: To add information and meaning to a real object or place. Unlike virtual reality, augmented reality does not create a simulation of reality. Instead, it takes a real object or space as the foundation and incorporates technologies that add contextual data to deepen a persons understanding of the subject.
- DIFFERENCE BETWEEN VIRTUAL AND AUGMENTED VIRTUAL REALITY: It is based upon a complete simulation of a real world environment which the user can explore and interact with by means of a head mounted display (HMD) and input device. AUGMENTED REALITY:The user sees the real world but with the addition of computer generated images which are overlaid on various objects within the real world. Virtual reality replaces the real with the artificial whereas augmented reality enhances real life with artificial images.
- Augmented reality is available via mobile phones in particular smart phones such as the iPhone.These phones have GPRS . Handheld devices such as smart phones and the iPad are other ways to use augmented reality.They contain software, sensors, a compass and small digital projectors which display images onto real world objects.
- WHERE DO WE USE AUGMENTED REALITY? In todays world wherever we go , Augmented Reality follows.
- ARCHEOLOGY: ARCHITECTURE. ART: COMMERCE:
- CONTRUCTION: EDUCATION: GAMING: MEDICAL:
- Other than these, Augmented Reality is used in military, navigation, office workplace, sports and entertainment, television and tourism.
- WIKITUDE Wikitude is a mobile augmented reality software which is developed by the Austrian company.It was first published in October 2008 as freeware. It displays information about the users' surroundings in a mobile camera view, including Image Recognition and 3D Modeling. Wikitude was the first publicly available application that used a location-based approach to Augmented Reality.
- LAYAR. Layar is a Dutch company based in Amsterdam, founded in 2009 by Raimo van der Klein, Claire Boonstra and Maarten Lens-FitzGerald.They have created a mobile browser called Layar.The browser allows users to find various items based upon augmented reality technology.
- GOOGLE GLASS. Google Glass (styled "GLSS") is a wearable computer with an optical head-mounted display (OHMD) that is being developed by Google inThe Project Glass research and development project , with the mission of producing a mass-market ubiquitous computer.Google Glass displays information in a smart phone-like hands-free format, that can interact with the Internet via natural language voice commands.
- ADVANTAGES OF AUGMENTED REALITY Although augmented reality ideas may be residing in the back of the minds of many marketing heads and social media agency directors, the possibilities of the new technology can bring numerous benefits.The concept of augmented reality is one that is lost on many people, but its appeal is nonetheless there for all to see. Perhaps the first successful example of such marketing techniques can be seen in the Hero movie from Sweden, which takes an image of the user and uses it to portray them as a public hero within a video.
- IT IS UNIQUE:The novelty factor of such application will obviously wear off as more and more are created and used, but for the meantime the onus is on brand to make most of this existing technology and extend it from infancy. PERSONALISATION:The concept of uploading your own media, such as image helps to create a highly personalized piece of media for the user. It relates to them which is far more engaging than a standard video game.
- VIRALTIY:The novelty factor mentioned before will surely enhance the users desire to share their creation with their extended networks and the fact that the content is personalized will only add to it. CONTENT: It is likely that the vast majority of users wouldnt possess the ability or expertise to create the complex video like the ones indicated in the examples. AR apps allows the users to create a quality piece of content that they wouldnt otherwise be able to create themselves.
- DISADVANTAGES OF AUGMENTED REALTIY PROFILING: The use of facial recognition technology, combined with geo-location and augmented data will lead to a seamless integration of our online and offline lives UNAUTHORISED AUGMENTED ADVERTISING:Advertisers and tech companies are drooling over the possibilities of monetizing objects & spaces in the physical world by augmenting digital ads onto them in real- time. AUGMENTED BEHAVIORAL TARGETTING: Ad targeting based on real world behavior using a combination of geo-location data & publicly self-disclosed information via social media services is just around the corner
- PHYSICAL DANGER:Augmented Reality, like any mobile media technology presents some real physical safety issues. SPAMS:Yes where there is a marketing opportunity, there will be spam, deceptive advertising techniques and social engineering tricks to dupe gullible consumers into paying for things they dont really need.
- WE CONCLUDE. Augmented Reality is still very much in the experimental bucket for most brands and most of the implementation so far are still gimmicky.
- PROJECT BY VANDIT SHAH- 1212038 CHIREN MEHTA- 1212039