Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Ancient egypt
- 1. Ancient Egypt Mara Camila Alzate 2Bach 2010
- Egyptian gods and amulets.
- Abu Simbel
- How did Egyptians build pyramids?
- As a resume
- It is an ancient civilization of Eastern North Africa.
- It is concentrated along the lower reaches of the Nile River.
- It coalesced around 3150 B.C.
- Its history can be divided into the following periods
- Unification of Egypt
- The age of the pyramids
- The great empire
- Las Egyptian rulers
- Life in ancient Egypt revolved around the Nile.
- Most Egyptians worked as field hands and a small group were nobles.
- The most important person was the pharaoh
- Then nobles and high priest.
- Lower traders, artisans and peasants
- Finally slaves.
- They used to have a lot of gods
- Gods had the same behavior as human
- Only the pharaoh and his priest can go into the temple.
- The common people used to have its own altar at home
- The most important gods were:
- They were use to protect for any damage
- The uraeus was the preferred protective emblem of the Pharaohs
- The Eye of Horus was a symbol of magic
- The Ankh is an Egyptian hieroglyph which means life.
- The scarab was an amulet of life and power,
- The king was the owner of the land and everything that was in it.
- The pharaoh was considered the god Horus
- The dead Emperor was the god Osiris
- Nowadays he is the most famous pharaoh
- When he was 18 he died
- Tutankhamun's fame is due to the discovery of his intact tomb in 1922.
- The Egyptians though that souls can eternity survive
- He washed the body and the brain, stomach, intestines, lungs and liver were extracted
- Secondly, the body was covered with natron
- Later it was painted and wrapped in linen. Lastly, it was kept in its sarcophagus.
- Giza is the oldest and the biggest pyramid
- It was built by Hemiunu to the emperor Keops
- It is composed by tree chambers
- It is the tomb of the pharaohs Zoser.
- It was know as the most sacred, nowadays it is the step pyramid.
- Zoser was built by Imhotep in Saggara.
- It was the prototype for the following pyramids.
- Its name means the pure mountain.
- It was built by the pharaohs Rammsees II.
- The temple was built so far of any important city.
- In March and September the sun rays enter into the temple.
- The construction of the pyramids was an incredible achievment.
- There were quarry workers.
- Then, the stone was transported.
- Finally,they put tue stone on its place.
- They were built by free citizens:
- Workers who paying taxes
- Which of the following monument was built as a present for the Queen Nefertiti?
- Abu Simbel
- Did the pyramids builders slaves?
- Why is the King Tutankhamen so famous?
- Because he built Giza
- Because he was Nefertiti husband's
- Because his tomb was discovered in 1922 intact