An inside look at tiger schulmann's mixed martial arts empire
Embed Size (px)
Tiger Schulmann’s Mixed Martial Arts is an MMA school that has been teaching students the art of self-defense, kickboxing, and submission grappling for over 30 years. First established in 1984, TSMMA has since grown to include 50 schools, with 17 dojos in New Jersey, 25 in New York, and eight more in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and Florida.
Transcript of An inside look at tiger schulmann's mixed martial arts empire
- 1. Introduction About Master Daniel Tiger Schulmann The Growth of TSMMA TSMMA Adult Programs Kickboxing Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Jiu-Jitsu Muay Thai TSMMA Kids Programs Martial Arts Karate Classes Bully Shield ADHD Prevention Experiences & Testimonials Jen Annunziato Will Murphy Elise TSMMA Instructors Sensei Dave Tirelli Sensei Louis Gaudinot Sensei Mike Stine Tiger Schulmanns Mixed Martial Arts Facilities New Jersey New York Florida Connecticut Pennsylvania Table of Contents
- 2. Tiger Schulmanns Mixed Martial Arts is an MMA school that has been teaching students the art of self-defense, kickboxing, and submission grappling for over 30 years. First established in 1984, TSMMA has since grown to include 50 schools, with 17 dojos in New Jersey, 25 in New York, and eight more in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and Florida. Introduction What makes Tiger Schulmanns Mixed Martial Arts school stand out is its focus on using what works in real life. TSMMA has included programs for kids such as ADHD Prevention and Bully Shield in order for children to learn how to become confident and focused, both inside and outside of the dojo. Tiger Schulmanns also has many adult programs such as Kickboxing, Mixed Martial Arts, Muay Thai, and many more for an intense strength-building cardio workout that will help keep the mind, body and spirit in peak condition. TSMMA continues to grow as it expands programs for both adults and children that accom- modates for a variety of skill levels, ranging from a beginner that is learning the ropes to a professional looking to compete. Being true to its name, Tiger Schulmanns Mixed Martial Arts has combined a variety of techniques, including grappling and striking, to provide the most efficient and effective means of self-defense. Keep reading to find out more about the rise of the TSMMA Empire.
- 3. About Master Daniel Tiger Schulmann As a young man, after years of rigorous training and winning over 100 competitions, Daniel Tiger Schul- mann set his sights on the ultimate: full contact bare knuckle competition. This type of competition was widely known to be the most brutal and challenging of all, testing the true effectiveness of each competitors martial arts skills. Drawing upon his exceptional technique, speed, and non-quitting spirit, Tiger Schulmann reigned as the un- defeated North American knockdown champion for six consecutive years. Tiger Schulmann could imagine no greater pursuit than to give back to others what the martial arts had given him, so he devoted his life to developing what has become the most comprehen- sive and effective style known today. Drawn by his outstanding reputation and high standards, people come to train in his schools year after year. Today, those numbers have grown to many thousands, including students who have gone on to become champions themselves.
- 4. The Growth of TSMMA At the age of 14, Daniel Schulmann started his first school in a hotel conference room in Quaker- town with classes costing $2.00. Schulmann did not like bullies, so he started teaching kids to be more confident in order to avoid being bullied or becoming a victim. To attract more attention and gain new students, Schulmann passed around flyers for his class at football games. Schulmann was still competing back in those days, so the students that he taught were also his training partners. After going through some forms and exercises with his students, he would begin to spar all 20 people that were in his class. It wasnt until Schulmann opened his third school in Nyack, New York that he began to set a standard to his operating procedures. Schulmann followed a 50/50 partnership deal for his schools back then, and still does today. He believes that if the schools were owned by the instructors, they would treat it and care for it as if it were their own. Schulmann says, We build our schools by ourselves. We get the space, sheetrock it, paint it, install our own carpeting and mats, and go find a cheap sign company. Eight thousand dollars opened that school. We were equal partners, as I was with my Quakertown partner. Some of those little kids I taught back in Spring Valley went to college and are now instructors and owners of their own schools, says Schulmann, To grow an organization, loyalty is very important. I have instructors that have been with me for 15 and even 20-plus years. On top of his 50/50 partnership with his schools, Schulmann makes sure that his instructors train with him first at HQ. This allows him to personally get to know them as well as see how good they really are at martial arts. His instructors will then continue to train with him every Tuesday, as well as one more additional day of mandatory training.
- 5. Schulmann says, I go into business with real martial artists - good, ethical people who must deal well with children and adults, and who are going to care about their students. This all began in the mid-1980s, but as of today, there are 50 Tiger Schulmann schools located in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and Florida. Schulmann also owns one of the largest martial arts schools in the world with a 20,000 square feet dojo located in Manhattan. I never set out to have 50 schools. I dont know anyone who can really plan on things like that happening. If the only idea in mind is to become a millionaire, it never works, because you dont enjoy what youre doing. I just work every day because I enjoy it and try to do it as smart as I can, and I like being successful.
- 6. TSMMA Adult Programs As a Tiger Schulmanns student, youll be in great company. We provide the most comprehensive training for people of all ages. Tiger Schulmanns has been the school of choice for many law enforcement officials, professional athletes, educators, and fitness enthusiasts. Total Fitness Muscular Development using the latest exercise physiology, our classes target every muscle, helping you develop greater strength and muscular definition. Cardio Conditioning through intense cardiovascular conditioning, youll expand the capacity of your heart and lungs while burning calories. The result increased stamina to keep you ener- gized all day. Flexibility in order to protect you from injury, as well as enhance your range of motion, weve incorporated stretching exercises to keep you feeling young and agile. Muscular Development + Cardio Conditioning + Flexibility = Total Fitness Superior Instruction Hand-picked by Master Tiger Schulmann himself, every candidate must complete years of rig- orous training prior to becoming a certified head instructor or Sensei. To preserve the schools high ideals, these Instructors and Senseis must continually train every week to stay current on the latest and most effective self-defense techniques, instructional methods, nutritional and exercise-physiology regimes. We expect the utmost quality from our instructors, and in turn, you can expect unparalleled Martial Arts instruction. Begin Your Journey Making the first step is easy and the best place to start is with our free 1 trial class, which includes an orientation and free bag training gloves. Youll experience, first-hand, the excitement and challenge of Tiger Schulmanns. Through this, youll have the opportunity to see all the benefits and advantages of how Tiger Schulmanns will change your life physically and mentally.
- 7. Kickboxing Kickboxing classes incorporate the art of Muay Thais unmatched skills for standing combat with an intense, 800 calorie-per-hour, fat-burning cardio workout. Fighting techniques focus on strikes with hands, feet, elbows, knees, blocking and take-downs while you slim down, get toned and build endurance. The ultimate combination of fighting styles to face opponents while standing, confined to close-quarters or on the ground. This intense strength-building cardio workout blends the most effective techniques from Muay Thai, Karate, and Jiu-Jitsu while keeping your mind, body and spirit in peak condition. Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
- 8. Proven to be the most effective fighting style when in close-quarters or on the ground. Regard- less of the size and strength of your opponents, you will learn the mechanics of the human body and bring them to submission through joint manipulations, chokes and holds using leverage and advanced grappling techniques. Jiu-Jitsu The most effective, martial art for standing combat. Muay Thai uses the hands, feet, shins, knees and elbows to deliver devastating attacks to your opponent. A sophisticated system of blocks and throw-downs is incorporated to neutralize attacks. Muay Thai intensifies strength, speed, concentration, plus aerobic and overall fitness. Muay Thai
- 9. TSMMA Kids Programs Martial Arts requires a great deal of discipline and training. It takes more than just a fit body to succeed in mastering a martial arts, it also takes a strong and resilient mind. With a strong mind, your kids will be able to press forward, and constantly strive for improvement. Lets take a look at the many benefits that can be gained from Kids Martial Arts: Fitness Positive Mindset Improved Relaxation Increased Flexibility Kids Martial Arts Fitness The first thing that comes in mind when thinki