Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Airbnb presentation
- Airbnb.com Travel like human ALEXIOU MELISSA GEORGAKOPOULOU HARA SAPOUNAS SOKRATIS CHARALAMPOPOULOU STAYRIANNA
- About collaborative consumption Collaborative consumption is a class of economic arrangements in which participants share access to products or services, rather than having individual ownership. Often this model is enabled by technology and peer communities.
- Benefits Reducing carbon foot print by sharing transportation and assets Saving costs by borrowing and recycling items Increasing happiness and contentment due to positive social interactions
- The marketplace eBay social lending (Zopa) peer-to-peer task assignments (TaskRabbit) peer-to-peer travel experiences (LocalGuiding) car sharing (Zipcar) peer-to-peer accommodation and many others Airbnb, the start-up company we are dealing with in This presentation belongs to the last marketplace.
- About airbnb Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities
- The How-to Step One: Sign up! You can use your Facebook account or Create a completely new One for airbnb.
- Step Two: You choose where you want to go
- Step Three: You choose a place to stay from the list that shows up below your destination For example, lets say You want to go to Athens
- Step Four: You check out your choice. There are plenty Of pictures to see and they Include every room of the place you chose. There are Also pictures from the area Youll be staying. If dont like it, you can Choose another.
- You can also see reviews for the apartment and its Owner and even contact him or her.
- Here are some places you could stay United Kingdom The Owl house
- Chile The ElquiDomos Astronomic hotel
- Andalusia Glamping in a caravan
- You can use it wherever you are From your i-phone/i-pad
- Or from your android tablet/phone
- Why should someone use airbnb? Airbnb offers you the experience of traveling economically all over the world You get to know many people and learn about their culture and customs You can stay in touch with people youve met in the past (friends from university, for example)
- The humanistic side of Airbnb the profile of a company that cares
- Hurricane Sandy
- Colorado flood victims
- But! There is always a but and in this case its about safety The only guarantee one can have comes from the reviews about each place and owner plus the owners profile page. But how do I know that the given informations are true? What if the profile page is fake? What if the owner or the visitor is a psycho killer? How do I know that me and my family will be safe, either we are travelers or hosts?
- The competition The competition comes from other alike start-up companies such as: 9flats BeWelcome CouchSurfing Jetsetter HomeAway Hospitality Club Hospitality service Pasporta Servo Servas Open Doors Travelmob Tripping Wimdu
- The actual experience +Positive: I literally just booked a place in Hong Kong through Airbnb. It's great value for what you get. The best part is, you get to stay in someone's home instead of a sterile hotel or hostel. Used it on a trip in the US. Smartest thing to do. Met some great people (who live in Belgium) and made contacts in the process. Highly recommend it. Make sure to read reviews and be smart about it, but you really can't go wrong. I used air bnb when i stayed in Paris. Would definitely use this website again in the future. The people were really friendly and helpful, they provided lots of helpful information highly recommend it!
- -Negative I like the theory behind it, but I had an absolutely horrible experience with it while I was in the US. Long story short I discovered the host had cancelled my reservation and Airbnb forgot to tell me. I found out the day I was supposed to pick up the keys, and had to fork out for a hotel instead same day. Cost me an extra $700 for the 4 nights, and it took Airbnb 2 weeks to refund my money. Didn't even get an apology from them for anything. I'll never use it again.
- Airbnb in Greece Greece was always a country that attracted travelers from all over the world and of course it couldnt stay out from the Airbnb project. Today, more than 4.000 estates are available in airbnb.gr In this period where the financial crisis is on the table, a platform as Airbnb is an important tool for someone who wants to have a profit Athens, Thessaloniki, Pelion and Crete are only a few of the choices you have. Just make one!
- For more information visit
- Thank you