Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Agile phobias
- 1.10 Agile Phobias,
and how to conquer them
GlobalLogic Agile Community Event,
7th July, 2011
Project Manager, GlobalLogic
Agile Scrum Revisited
10 Phobias, are each of these justified??
Its a Revolutionary Change
Loss of Accountability
Leads to Micromanagement
There is no Commitment
Short Cycles dont help
Insufficient Design, Documentation
Everyone is a Generalist
It is Anti-Management
Doesnt work will in a Distributed Environment
Requires Automation, which is not my core requirement
3. Agile Scrum - Revisited
4. Then whyfearAgile?
5. Phobia # 1
6. Is changing to Agile too difficult?
7. Is changing to Agile too difficult?
8. Phobia # 2
9. Does Agile lead to lost Accountability?
10. Does Agile lead to lost Accountability?
11. Phobia # 3
12. Is Agile Micromanagement?
13. Phobia # 4
14. Is there No firm date, commitment ?
15. 16. 17. 18. 19. Phobia # 5
20. Do Short Cycles lead to Chaos ?
21. Phobia # 6
22. Is Design & Documentation insufficient?
23. Phobia # 7
24. Should everyone be Generalist ?
25. Phobia # 8
26. Is Agile Anti-management ?
27. Role of the Agile Manager
28. Phobia # 9
29. Will Agile always fail in distributed environments?
30. Phobia # 10
31. Is it OK to be Agile without Automation?
32. Agileshouldnt be treated likea Dogma, a system of prescribed principles
It is about delivering Value to the Customer
Discipline, Passion to Communicate is the Key
There will always be criticism, but judge if youre seeing some real advantage !
LinkedIn ScrumAlliance Community Post (29th June)
34. Thank You !