5 Mobile Advertising Mistakes to Avoid
Embed Size (px)
This deck is from a webinar that we presented on August 21, 2013 titled The 5 Mobile Advertising Mistakes to Avoid. We discussed some of the leading mobile advertising pitfalls preventing user acquisition growth and higher LTV.
Transcript of 5 Mobile Advertising Mistakes to Avoid
- 1. 5 MOBILE ADVERTISING MISTAKESTO AVOID Andy Schrader Director of Product Management
- 2. A few things before we get started Love the content? Share it. #admistakesDeck and recording will be available. Keep the conversation going post-webinar. Follow us. @Appia
- 3. About Me ! Director of Product Management ! Former Group Product Manager, Microsoft Advertising ! 10+ years of experience in the online advertising industry
- 4. The Mobile Landscape
- 5. The Mobile Market ! 2013 The year when mobile-connected devices will exceed the worlds population ! 82.8% The increase in global mobile advertising revenue from 2011 to 2012. ! $8.9B Total global mobile advertising revenue in 2012. ! 900,000 The number of apps available on both Google Play and the App Store.
- 6. App Economy Growth
- 7. Global Mobile Traffic Mobile Traffic as % of Global Internet Traffic = Growing 1.5x per Year & Likely to Maintain Trajectory or Accelerate Global Mobile Traffic as % of Total Internet Traffic, 12/08 - 5/13 (with Trendline Projection to 5/15E)e 30% 25% 20% 15% 10% 5% 0% 12/08 12/09 12/10 12/11 12/12 12/13 12/14 0.9% in 5/09 2.4% in 5/10 5% in 5/11 10% in 5/12 15% in 5/13 Trendline %ofInternetTraffic
- 8. Top Mobile App Challenges App Discovery Lifetime Value Optimizing Performance
- 9. People spend more time on apps than they do browsing the web. 1 4 apps never get downloaded out of The App Discovery Challenge
- 10. Gaining a huge quantity users is not enoughfor the savvy mobile marketer anymore. Downloads of do no good if the app is never opened again. There is a new focus on Lifetime Value or LTV in the mobile space. Creating LTV
- 11. The state of mobile app audience measurement is definitelybecoming of in-app faster growth advertising revenues. an impediment to Optimizing Performance -Joe Laszlo, IAB
- 12. FIVE MOBILE ADVERTISING MISTAKES TO AVOID
- 13. 1. Failing to target
- 14. Smart data is a must
- 15. Loyal and engaged users are critical. Avoid wasted spend with targeted campaigns.
- 16. 2. Not optimizing across devices
- 17. iOS vs Android All mobile devices are not created equal. Create different versions of Your ads to make sure they render properly across all platforms.
- 18. Test Creative Split test your ads to pinpoint the creative that has the highest CTR.
- 19. Language localization is a key performance differentiator for advertisers. Our tests have shown 42% increase in CTR and 22% increase in conversion rate with localized creative.
- 20. 3. Creating audience saturation
- 21. Diversification
- 22. Retargeting is a great tool when used properly. Highly Engaged High Spender
- 23. Who are you going to include or exclude from your campaigns?
- 24. 4. Missing a post-install plan Now what?
- 25. Getting a ton of people to download your app but never using it again is not beneficial. Attract non-incentivized downloads with a compelling post-install plan.
- 26. App Usage Registrations Level-Ups In-game Purchases Post-Install Engagement is important! measured by...... can beit
- 27. 5. No performance measurement
- 28. Understand Your High LTV Users. Where They Came From. What Drives Value & Loyalty. Then Target Similar Users.
- 29. Mobile Advertisings Future ! Targeted ! Dynamic ! Engaging ! Less annoying, more useful
- 30. Targeted The one size fits all advertising approach doesnt work anymore
- 31. Dynamic Giveing users personalized advertisements based on their engagement location increases immediate value likes or by adding
- 32. Engaging Users love Video, Native Ads, and in-ad game demos. These are new tools advertisers must take advantage of.
- 33. Apps as ads Deals and rewards Less annoying. More useful.
- 34. Recap of the 5 Mobile Advertising Mistakes 1. Failing to Hypertarget 2. Not optimizing across devices 3. Creating audience saturation 4. Missing a post-install plan 5. No performance measurement
- 35. QUESTIONS?