Embed Size (px)
Transcript of 3.Current Affair
Current Affair INDIA:(2009 to 2011)
November 2011:1.The Income Tax Department on Thursday conducted searches at the premises of prominent industrialist Gautam Singhania in Mumbai and in Delhi over alleged tax evasion. Nov 03,Hindustan Times
2. The Kerala high court today said central and state governments cannot wash their hands off and directed the Indian Oil Corporation and Reliance Petroleum to produce their balance sheets and quarterly reports before it in three weeks. Petrol price up by Rs 1.82 Nov 04,Hindustan Times
3. Former president APJ Abdul Kalam today visited the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KNPP) in Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu and said the plant was totally safe and a boon to the people. Nov 06, Hindustan Times 4. In a major setback for the Centres ambitious nuclear plant project, villagers protesting against the Kudankulam nuclear plant have refused to accept former president Kalams endorsement of the project. Nov 07, Hindustan Times 5. Logjam over the Kudankulam nuclear plant continued today as talks between representatives of protesters and the central and state expert panels over the plants safety concerns failed to reach any conclusions despite APJ Kalams intervention, reports said. Nov08, Hindustan Times
6. A special trial court today acquitted 42 of 73 accused in Sardarpura massacre case in which 33 people were burnt to death on March 1, 2002 post Godhara communal riots in Gujarat.Nov 09, Hindustan Times
7. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and US president Barrack Obama are to meet on the sidelines of the ASEAN summit at Bali on November 18, the White House announced on Wednesday. Nov 10, Hindustan Times 8. Raking up the issue of RSS-Team Anna nexus, Congress leader Digvijaya Singh on Friday alleged that Mohan Bhagwat, Anna Hazare and Govindacharya are contradicting one another over the issue. Nov 11, Hindustan Times
9. Rajat Gupta, former McKinsey head and founder of the Indian School of Business in Hyderabad, pleaded not-guilty to the charges of insider trading that could put him in jail for life, if proven true. HT reports. Nov 14, Hindustan Times 10. Only a division can solve the problems and remove the inherent imbalances in the state, Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati said. Nov 15, Hindustan Times 11. Issuing notice to CBI, Justice Shali also asked the probe agency to file a status report by December 1, the date on which the bail pleas of other five accused including Kanimozhi are also slated for hearing. Nov 16, Hindustan Times 12. Team Anna today demanded that Citizens Charter, specifying a time limit on government departments for providing services, should be included in the Lokpal Bill as it will help the common people to get their work done. Nov 17, Hindustan Times 13. Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari was so scared of a military coup after Osama bin Ladens death that he was ready to create a new security team favourable to Americans and promised the US to hand over Pak-based 26/11 perpetrators including those from its intelligence agency to India. Nov 18, Hindustan Times 14. Former telecom minister Sukhram was today awarded five years imprisonment by a Delhi court after being convicted of taking Rs three lakhs as bribe to give a lucrative contract to a private firm in 1996. Nov 19, Hindustan Times 15. Pictures of Aishwarya Rai and her newborn baby girl have been doing the rounds on the internet. However, Ashs father-in-law, megastar Amitabh Bachchan and her husband, Abhishek Bachchan have claimed the pictures to be fake. Nov 20, Hindustan Times 16. The 30-share benchmark BSE index and the 50-share Nifty both closed down 2.60% each at 15,946.10 points and 4,778.35 points respectively, their lowest close in more than six weeks, weighed by a plunging rupee, faltering domestic growth, sluggish policy and shaky global outlook. Nov 21, Hindustan Times 17. t least seven people including two children were charred to death when two AC coaches of the Howrah-Dehradun express train caught fire early on Tuesday in Giridih district of Jharkhand, police said. Seven people, including two children, died after two coaches of the Howrah-Dehradun express caught fire Nov 22, Hindustan Times 18. Indias giant family-owned Tata conglomerate named Cyrus P Mistry as the successor on Wednesday to the groups boss, 73-year-old local business icon Ratan Tata, who will retire in 2012. Nov 23, Hindustan Times
19. A youth identified as Harvinder Singh on Thursday attacked agriculture minister Sharad Pawar at the NDMC centre in New Delhi. Singh slapped Pawar as he was walking after talking to reporters. Nov 24, Hindustan Times 20. PM Manmohan Singh on Tuesday said the governments decision to allow foreign equity in retail was not taken in haste but after a careful thought Nov 29, timesofindia 21. PM Manmohan Singh on Tuesday said the governments decision to allow foreign equity in retail was not taken in haste but after a careful thought Nov 29, timesofindia 22. As he prepares to launch yet another anti-corruption agitation, Anna Hazare today opened a new front against government, attacking it for allowing FDI in retail sector which he said was not in the countrys interest. Nov 30, Hindustan Times
October 2011:y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y
Health Insurance portability came into force; INS Shakti commissioned. Rajasthan launch free medicine scheme. The draft national policy on Electronics, 2011 unveiled; India Switzerland inled deal to exchange related info. Afghan President on India visit: signed strategic pact; Moodys cut SBI ratings. World cheapest tablet Akash at Rs 2276 launched. RBI eases norms on Small money transfers. The draft national policy on information Technology 2011 unveiled. Govt. simplifies law for removing DD, AIR heads. UP Chief Minister launch projects worth Rs 6,035 crore; Mumbai Indians win CLT 20 title in Cricket. The draft National Telecom Policy 2011 unveiled; Eminent Ghazal singer Jagjit Singh passed away. India ranked 67th in Global Hunger Index among 81 countries with worst figures. J and K Interlocutors submitted their final report; PSLV launched four satellites. Union Cabinet Cleared digitization of cable TV services; Centre announced Rs 900-crore package for exporters. India announced $500 million line of credit for Mayan mar. IIL tourists broke Kashmir Valleys 25-yr record. Ritu Kumar to represent India at UNs maiden run of the world fashion week. CBI said the release of the accused would hamper investigations into the transfer of Reliance Telecom shares in Swan Telecom to Mauritius-based Delphi. Anti-cancer Drug Letrozole banned.
y y y y
y y y y
Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will travel across the Tin Bigha Corridor through India on Wednesday linking two Bangladeshi enclaves Dahagram and Angarpota in Indian territory. India first formula one circuit at Greater Noida (UP) unveiled. Taking a dig at Kiran Bedi over allegations that she charged her hosts full fare on air tickets while availing discount, law minister Salman Khurshid today said unlike Team Anna he cannot pass ex-parte judgements on people. CBI Court charged Raja, Kani, 15 others with criminal breach of trust. The Human Development Index in the country rose by 21%, says a report while cautioning that health, nutrition and sanitation remained the key challenges for the country. Simplified Russian Visa rules for Indians. A Delhi court today found prima facie evidence against all the 17 accused including former telecom minister A Raja and DMK MP Kanimozhi and corporate honchos to frame charges against them in the 2G spectrum allocation scam case for varying roles. South Africa ditched India, favouring rich nations on climate issue. Pakistans military forced an Indian Army helicopter to land for violating Pakistani airspace on Sunday and detained four Indian Army officers, the army said. India made a clean sweep against England (5-0); : RBI raised repo rate from 8.25 to 8.5 percent. Days after 100-year-old Fauja Singh of Indian-origin became the oldest person to complete a marathon, a 102-year-old Dalit woman in Tamil Nadu has put on another display of centenarian vigour, winning a local body election. India defeat in three Nations Hockey Tournament. Mukesh Ambani becomes richest Indian billionaire in Forbes Richest list. Renowned Hindi novelist Pt.shree Lal Shukla passed away. BCCI stands firm, rejects revised sports bill.
September 2011:Indian September 2011: y Justice Sen quit ahead of Lok Sabha action. nd y Painter Jehangir Sabaval died on 2 September. y Center, ULFA and Assam Government signed peace pact. y Producer-Director Jagmohan Mundhra died on 4th September. y Union Cabinet cleared land Acquisitions bill. y Indian Bangladesh inked pact on demarcation of entire land boundary. y Customs Bill passed by Rajya Sabha. y Monsoon Session of parliament concluded. y Indian lifters bagged four bronze at Asian meet. th y 58 National Film Awards presented.
y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y
51st National Open Athletic Championships began in Kolkata. BC Khanduri sworn in as CM of Uttarakhand. Indian Hockey team won the Asian Champions Trophy. Indian women squash player won California open title. Bollywoods star lensmen Rajadhyaksha died on 13th September. Delhi United won maiden DSA title. Mahindra Aerospace made its maiden flight. RBI increased gift transfer limit to NRIs to $50,000. Government passed 12th Plan approach. RBI allows NRIs to hold Joint Accounts. Centre rolling out Information and Communication Technology (ICT) enabled services in North-East. Jnanpith 2008 Award presented to Urdu poet Shaheryar. 6.8 magnitude quake rocks north-east. Kochi Tuskers axed from Indian Premier League. Jananpith 2009 Award to Hindi Author Amar Kant, 2010 Award to Kannada litterateur Chandrasekhar Kambar