20 Event Planning Fails Our Guests Hate
Embed Size (px)
Do you plan events? Don't repeat these trivial mistakes over and over. Make sure your guests enjoy the show! See the original article here -> http://www.eventmanagerblog.com/event-planning-fail
Transcript of 20 Event Planning Fails Our Guests Hate
- HATE20 EventPlanning your guests Fails
- Ifyouplan events you will be familiar with failure.
- of our event It is around the corner at every moment
- you have to embrace it Failureis your friend
- The difference between Failure and Repeated Mistakes
- Repeated Mistakes are not cool
- 20eventplanning mistakes Here are you can do without
- the Same Speakers/Performers 1 Always
- Dont hire always the same people 1 talking about the same stuff
- 2 not Wor kingWifi
- Wifi is as much of a requirement for any venue RFP as toilets are. Were having issues with the Wifi is a mantra that does not apply anymore 2
- PDF 3 schedule
- having a dynamic schedule can be very easily achieved in hundreds of ways, event mobile apps included. 3
- 4No Slides in ONE place Collected
- use slideshare Create a Content Hub on Your website 4
- 5 NOT KNOWING WheretoGo and WhatToDo
- 5 Clearly communicate the schedule make sure everybody is informed about what happens next
- 6 THEHASHTAG Not knowing
- 6 communicate the Hashtag Clearly Pick an Easy and Short one everybody understands
- 7 Crappy EVENT Website
- 7 The event website is your home base. Make it clean, easy and simple to read Make it responsive
- 8 fromPrevious EventsNo Video
- 8 technology does a great job in easing the risk we feel when we attend an event. that is especially true for video.
- 9 Too Much Technology & Social
- Know what technology and social networks your attendees use Choose wisely where to engage 9
- 10 No Tech at all
- 10 Embracing the basic tech that makes events modern is a requirement.
- 11 White Male Speakers
- 11 Diversity is Crucial here are some pointers for you to reflect, oneandtwo.
- 12 Registration Forms Faxing
- 12 inline event registration is all around us Use this to choose yours
- 13 Not Catering with Disabilities for people
- 13 Read the 56 comments in this discussion and change the world!
- 14 Slow Registration on-Site
- 14 There is nothing appealing about waiting in line. Nothing. Have you done everything in your power to speed up the registration process?
- 15 Usual BORING formats
- 15 All events are special, even recurring ones. What are you changing in your format to make it so?
- Nervous staff, Manager and Coordinators 16
- 16 If you are feeling tired it s often times better to ask someone in your team to cover rather than turning up on the show floor to vomit your stress.
- 17 When Alcohol isthe Objective
- 17 The promotion of alcohol to compensate for lack of concept or content is upsetting. There are much better ways to foster networking than making everyone drunk.
- 18 Live Rates NOHotel
- 18 One of the biggest trends for 2014 is live hotel options. so what are you waiting for?
- 19 aboutthe Environment NOTTHINKING
- 19 There are terrific events where you can learn more about green events such as SESfrom GMIC.
- 20 ATTENDEES DATA Giving Away for Wild Marketing
- 20 Setting rules and restricting what sponsors and partners can and cant do with data means protecting your attendees and securing repeated business.
- In conclusion
- TOCHANGE Its easy these recurring mistakes
- andeager tolearn. just beinga bit more curious
- by Julius Solaris
- Read the article HERE