Embed Size (px)
Do you plan events? Don't repeat these trivial mistakes over and over. Make sure your guests enjoy the show! See the original article here -> http://www.eventmanagerblog.com/event-planning-fail
- HATE20 EventPlanning your guests Fails
- Ifyouplan events you will be familiar with failure.
- of our event It is around the corner at every moment
- you have to embrace it Failureis your friend
- The difference between Failure and Repeated Mistakes
- Repeated Mistakes are not cool
- 20eventplanning mistakes Here are you can do without
- the Same Speakers/Performers 1 Always
- Dont hire always the same people 1 talking about the same stuff
- 2 not Wor kingWifi
- Wifi is as much of a requirement for any venue RFP as toilets are. Were having issues with the Wifi is a mantra that does not apply anymore 2
- PDF 3 schedule
- having a dynamic schedule can be very easily achieved in hundreds of ways, event mobile apps included. 3
- 4No Slides in ONE place Collected
- use slideshare Create a Content Hub on Your website 4
- 5 NOT KNOWING WheretoGo and WhatToDo
- 5 Clearly communicate the schedule make sure everybody is informed about what happens next
- 6 THEHASHTAG Not knowing
- 6 communicate the Hashtag Clearly Pick an Easy and Short one everybody understands
- 7 Crappy EVENT Website
- 7 The event website is your home base. Make it clean, easy and simple to read Make it responsive
- 8 fromPrevious EventsNo Video
- 8 technology does a great job in easing the risk we feel when we attend an event. that is especially true for video.
- 9 Too Much Technology & Social
- Know what technology and social networks your attendees use Choose wisely where to engage 9
- 10 No Tech at all
- 10 Embracing the basic tech that makes events modern is a requirement.
- 11 White Male Speakers
- 11 Diversity is Crucial here are some pointers for you to reflect, oneandtwo.
- 12 Registration Forms Faxing
- 12 inline event registration is all around us Use this to choose yours
- 13 Not Catering with Disabilities for people
- 13 Read the 56 comments in this discussion and change the world!
- 14 Slow Registration on-Site
- 14 There is nothing appealing about waiting in line. Nothing. Have you done everything in your power to speed up the registration process?
- 15 Usual BORING formats
- 15 All events are special, even recurring ones. What are you changing in your format to make it so?
- Nervous staff, Manager and Coordinators 16
- 16 If you are feeling tired it s often times better to ask someone in your team to cover rather than turning up on the show floor to vomit your stress.
- 17 When Alcohol isthe Objective
- 17 The promotion of alcohol to compensate for lack of concept or content is upsetting. There are much better ways to foster networking than making everyone drunk.
- 18 Live Rates NOHotel
- 18 One of the biggest trends for 2014 is live hotel options. so what are you waiting for?
- 19 aboutthe Environment NOTTHINKING
- 19 There are terrific events where you can learn more about green events such as SESfrom GMIC.
- 20 ATTENDEES DATA Giving Away for Wild Marketing
- 20 Setting rules and restricting what sponsors and partners can and cant do with data means protecting your attendees and securing repeated business.
- In conclusion
- TOCHANGE Its easy these recurring mistakes
- andeager tolearn. just beinga bit more curious
- by Julius Solaris
- Read the article HERE