13 0730 session 1 webinar-techology_product validation
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of 13 0730 session 1 webinar-techology_product validation
- Cleantech Open 2013 Webinar Series Tuesday, July 30, 2013 Session 2: Technology / Product Validation
- 2 Cleantech Open Confidential Information All Rights Reserved Welcome to the National Webinar Series With the Cleantech Open since 2007 Mentor Chair 2007 - 2008 Executive Director 2008 - present MC: Rex Northen, Executive Director, Cleantech Open
- 3 Cleantech Open Confidential Information All Rights Reserved Global Partner
- 4 Cleantech Open Confidential Information All Rights Reserved National Sponsors
- 5 Cleantech Open Confidential Information All Rights Reserved Thank You To All Our Sponsors!
- 6 Cleantech Open Confidential Information All Rights Reserved The Summer Program July September 2013 Date Time (PDT) Session I Worksheets Time (PDT) Special Topic Sessions 7/9 1:30 to 2:30pm Business Model Canvas (Review) 2:45 to 4:00pm LaunchPad Central (Review) 7/16 1:30 to 2:30pm Product/Market Fit 2:45 to 4:00pm Systems Review, PR 101 7/23 1:30 to 2:30pm Markets and Getting to Them 2:45 to 4:00pm Term Sheets 7/30 1:30 to 2:30pm Product/Technology Validation 2:45 to 4:00pm Alternative Sources of Funding - Grant Writing / Crowd Sourcing 8/6 1:30 to 2:30pm Financials Analysis & Planning 2:45 to 4:00pm IP Licensing from 3rd Parties 8/13 1:30 to 2:30pm Legal Environment, Issues and Risks 2:45 to 4:00pm Cap Tables 8/20 1:30 to 2:30pm Management Team 2:45 to 4:00pm Working with the Utilities 8/27 1:30 to 2:30pm Sustainability 2:45 to 4:00pm Tell Your Story, Sell Your Story (Communicating value to stake holders) 9/10 1:30 to 2:30pm Last Chance For Questions 9/11 1:30 to 2:30pm Investor Presentation Mentor Assessment 2:45 to 4:00pm Mock Judging, Regional Awards, Global Forum
- 7 Cleantech Open Confidential Information All Rights Reserved Session 1: Product & Technology Validation 1:30pm 2:30pm, PDT 30 year technology industry veteran, having run global businesses based in USA and Asia With University of Phoenix for 30 years Currently a practitioner Lead Faculty for Strategy in the School of Business Speaker: Niraj Kohli President, CSC
- Cleantech Open Technology / Product Validation By Niraj Kohli - University of Phoenix
- Cleantech Open Webinar 4 Technology / Product Validation KEY TRENDS MARKET FORCES MACRO- ECONOMIC FORCES Copyright 2013 University of phoenix. All rights reserved. Reproduction in copies, distribution to others, preparation of modified or derivative works, or sublicensing others without express written consent of University Phoenix is prohibited. University of Phoenix webinars include content from: businessmodelgeneration.com and from Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers [ISBN: 978-0-470- 87641-1] by Alexander Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur, (hereafter referred to as the Work). Copyright 2010 by Alexander Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Unless John Wiley and Sons, Inc.s (Publisher) express prior written permission is obtained, it is prohibited to (a) remove or alter the authors name, Publishers copyright notices, or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Work; (b) make electronic copies of the Work other than as permitted pursuant to Section 1.1 of Agreement between Publisher and Apollo Group, Inc. (Apollo); (c) mount or distribute any part of the Work on any electronic network (including without limitation, the Internet and the World Wide Web) other than the Sites; (d) use all or any part of the Work for the purposes of monetary reward by means of sale, resale, loan, transfer, hire, or other form of distribution of the Work; (e) distribute the whole or any part of the Work to anyone other than Authorized Registrants (as defined in the Agreement between Publisher and Apollo; (f) publish, distribute, or make available the Work, works based on the Work or which combine it with any other material, other than on the Sites as expressly permitted in this Agreement between Publisher and Apollo.
- This webinar is a 60-minute meeting presented as part of the Cleantech Open, which focuses specifically on the Technology and Product Validation Cleantech Open Webinar No 4 by University of Phoenix
- Cleantech Open Webinar 4 Technology / Product Validation Agenda o What is Technology and Value Creation in context of Technology and Product Validation 10 minutes o Technology Validation IP Development and Third Party Validation 15 minutes o Products, Prototypes , Product Economics and Validation 15 minutes o Ready to Manufacture and Scale 10 minutes o Questions 10 minutes
- Cleantech Open Webinar 4 Technology / Product Validation Technology / Product Validation Worksheet and Judging Criteria Worksheets Technology What is it? Whats it do? How differentiated? How revolutionary? Technology Validation Third Party? Product Validation Third Party? Prototypes? Product Economics disruptive? Ready For Manufacture? Will It Scale? Manufacturing economics Judging Criteria Could this technology become the leading solution in one or more important customer segments? Has the product been validated by credible third parties?
- Cleantech Open Webinar 4 Technology / Product Validation . Conceiving, Protecting and Scaling ideas in context of technology, products and services in an effort to create value for all stakeholders What is it Product /Technology development and Validation??
- Cleantech Open Webinar 4 Technology / Product Validation Value Creation through Technology and Products Scalable Technology and Products with focus on Solutions and Cradle to Cradle.
- Cleantech Open Webinar 4 Technology / Product Validation (VP) VALUE PROPOSITIONS (CH) CHANNELS (CR) CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS (CS) CUSTOMER SEGMENTS (R$) REVENUE STREAMS(C$) COST STRUCTURE (KP) KEY PARTNERSHIPS (KR) KEY RESOURCES (KA) KEY ACTIVITIES Customer view Front StageOperations view- Back Stage Economics view Business Performance Stage businessmodelgeneration.com
- Cleantech Open Webinar 4 Technology / Product Validation Value Propositions Customer Segments
- Cleantech Open Webinar 4 Technology / Product Validation Technology and Product Validation
- Cleantech Open Webinar by University of Phoenix Technology / Product Validation Technology IP / Product Development and Third Party Validation
- Cleantech Open Webinar 4 Technology / Product Validation
- Cleantech Open Webinar 4 Technology / Product Validation Role of Technology Technology is the application of fundamental sciences and does three things well - Automation - Precision / Efficiency / Effectiveness - Personalization
- Cleantech Open Webinar 4 Technology / Product Validation How much is your Intellectual Property worth?
- Cleantech Open Webinar 4 Technology / Product Validation Technology Management Plans
- Cleantech Open Webinar 4 Technology / Product Validation Are there any questions?
- Cleantech Open Webinar by University of Phoenix Technology / Product Validation Products, Prototypes , Product Economics and Validation
- Cleantech Open Webinar 4 Technology / Product Validation
- Cleantech Open Webinar 4 Technology / Product Validation Stages of Product Development Idea Generation Idea Screening Concept Development Marketing Strategy Business Analysis Technology and Product Development / Validation Commercialization
- Cleantech Open Webinar 4 Technology / Product Validation Technology and Products Validation o Spin Off - Existing Technologies / Products with minimal differentiation. o Evolutionary Next Generation of Technology Motorola ESD solutions o Revolutionary 7AC Technologies
- Cleantech Open Webinar 4 Technology / Product Validation What is product or technology validation? - Form ( Physical Form) - Fit - Specifics on Dimensions, electrical, chemical performance etc - Function What is it supposed to do..ExampleOptocoupler vs Optoisolator - Cost / Performance Ratio (How much does it cost for its overall performance) Yes, one can get higher energy performance but at what cost. - Value Proposition Give more for less. Example success of Personal Computing and communication devices.